• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Recommendations for a fairly long drive

painter paul

Something for others to keep I n mind for the future.....if you are thinking about towing one with a tow dolly or rental trailer.... measure the front wheel width before you call for a rental estimate....some dolly's and trailers are too narrow for some 4x4s.

98G

Former SSG
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you drive it and break down I'll come get you and towbar it to my place where you and I will fix whatever disabled it, or to your place if it's a big fix. I'm in Tucson just off I 10.

Cost - actual fuel costs and something to eat.

98G

Vexiis

Wow, I just have to say thank you 98G that is beyond a generous offer, luckily I decided to ship it and don't need it for this trip.
Members of this site are awesome.

Chaski

Personally I'd like the adventure. I once drove from Chico California to Gillette Wyoming to pick up a bronco front axle.

Not that you are going anymore... But I'd pack a smartphone, multimeter, 10' or so of wire, roll of electrical tape, oil, atf, water, brake fluid, hose clamps, some fuel hose, fuel filter, hand tools, cash, and a backup plan.

All that being said when I bought my last project I trailered it anyway.

forest522

Ugh, those iPhones...I take those upside down photos sometimes too...ugh.

Hey, just for info...I moved from Oregon to NM in my '09. Towed a M116 loaded with stuff. My son and I were in the 09 while the minivan trailed behind as cover. We were slow, but made it in three days. Very hot days through NV in July. We would start out very early and stop by noon or so.

None the less, the ole girl did great. Burned no oil, averaged about 18 mph and never overheated. Honestly, I was surprised. It was an adventure my son and I will never forget.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks