• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Recovered my M1009 today!

67_C-30

I went and got it from Warner Robins AFB today. SS member SETOYOTA walked me through the process and was a lifesaver. Thanks once again, Chuck!

The Blazer runs and drives great. I had to put a battery in it and it was a quart low on transmission fluid, but it seems to mechanically sound. The 4X4 works great, as well as the blackout lights, and the beacon light on top! It has a little rust in the rockers and a few dings here and there, but overall it is pretty nice for what it is. It actually has a perfect, uncracked dash pad, which shocked me. Somebody robbed the shackles, so I've get to get some of those, and it needs a drivers glass (broken) and a rear window regulator. I'm thrilled with it for what I gave for it.

Attachments

Napoleon_Tanerite

I'm deployed from Robins right now or I could have lent a hand. I've got the tricked out M1009 with tint, a/c and a stereo. I was the envy of Fort Gordon when I was up there a few weeks ago!

67_C-30

Glad to help. looks like you got a good truck!

It seems so. We put a battery and trans fluid it in when we got home, and drove it around most of the evening. I am going to replace the window and the rear window regulator this weekend. I ordered a pair of rockers a few minutes ago and I'm pretty sure I'm going to go with old pattern camo. I'm pretty sure my buddy is going to have to have a deuce now - maybe myself too!;-) I'd love to see your collection sometime. Thanks again for your help!

CycleJay

Hello 67,

JUst wondering.

If you do not mind me asking, what did you pay for it?
(exact total, including all expenses to get it home...)

And did you win it thru GL auction? or some other way?

Looks good though, sounds like you got a good one.
Congrats and good luck with it.

Have a good day,

CJ

67_C-30

Hello 67,

JUst wondering.

If you do not mind me asking, what did you pay for it?
(exact total, including all expenses to get it home...)

And did you win it thru GL auction? or some other way?

Looks good though, sounds like you got a good one.
Congrats and good luck with it.

Have a good day,

CJ
The Blazer plus GL's 10% auction premium and GA sales tax and fuel to trailer it home was around $1700. Warner Robins is about a 270 mile round trip for me, and I put $60 my buddy's fuel sucking Duramax 2500 to go get it.

As far as the Blazer, I have been driving it literally all weekend long. I haven't even cranked my truck or my '69 Camaro SS this weekend (which is VERY rare!) I'm going to run a few tanks of fuel through it to get an average, but so far ecomomy is looking very good. I filled it up when I got it, and so far I have put nearly 300 miles on it, and its still got about a 1/2 tank of fuel, according to the gauge. It cranks as soon as I hit the switch in morning and is running cool on these 100+ degree days we've been having. I drove a 80 mile round trip to watch a dirt track race last night, and it it drew quite a crowd in the parking lot. I had a guy try to trade me a '95 Z71 for it yesterday. It has been well received by pretty much everybody who has seen it (except my wife and daughter:lol: - I keep telling my daughter that its going to be her's when she turns 16 and to say she's mortified is an understatement!) My little boy loves it though. All I've heard all weekend is "Daddy, when are we going riding in the Army truck again?" [thumbzup]

CycleJay

Hello 67,

Thank you for the reply, and the information.
That is great to hear, sounds like you got a great deal.

Hope I get just as lucky if/when I start trying GL auctions.
That is when I can afford to participate (hopefully within the next few months,
if not sooner..)

But for now, I am just going to concentrate on getting the one I have in tip top shape,
and make it good enough that anyone here would be proud to own, drive, or ride in it.

Unfortunately summer is our slow season where I work, but during the rest of the year,
I work quite alot of hours, usually very well above 40 hours a week.
So it should pick up soon at work and when it does, after the bills are taken care of,
I will start pouring money into my 1985 M1009 to get it done and done right.

Have a good night,

CJ

P.s. If you ever need any help with yours, let me know, I would be glad to do what I can.

OL AG '89

67.... It's funny, when I bought my 1st MV my wife and daughters reactions were less than stellar...... something about "you NOT parking THAT in OUR driveway are you?"......
I said nope gonna park it next door so the neighbors will look cool!!
told the daughter if she ever wrecked her truck she could borrow the CUCV to get to school.... I got that look that basically said I'd rather ride my bike or WALK.....

My sons on the other hand flip a coin to see who gets to drive... they each have their own trucks... see signature, but love driving the CUCV..... unless it's hot or they want to listen to music........
but have no problem driving mine through the mudholes....

wallew

Steel Soldiers Supporter
CJ,
I just recovered my second M1009 from Ft. Riley a couple of weeks ago with no incident. My total money in it is about $2400, including GL fees and taxes.

Given my wife travels for a living and has all sorts of 'points' on all sorts of things. So she got me $200 worth of Amex gas cards and a free hotel for the night in Kansas.

So, call it $2400. If I HAD to pay for those other expenses, the total would have been around $2700, but I had to drive 500 miles out and 500 miles back in my M1028A2, which gets between 10 and 15 mpg, depending on my speed.

CycleJay

Wallew,
Sounds like you got a good deal too..

When I start making real money at work, I should be able to do some bidding & winning too, God willing.

I hope I get as lucky are you guys.

And after reading all the different threads here, seeing the photos you guys post.
I think I have changed my mind from wanting a M35A2 or A3, to wanting an M109A3 shop van.

I have had some serious thought about it, and I can see that I would get more practical use out of one of those instead of an A2 or A3..

So any info. you guys would like to pass along about the M109A3, please feel free.
I would like to hear it.

Now I just got to get this pesky M1009 running, then I will be happy.

Have a good night,

CJ

rhinob

Well done! Looks like a great find. The dash condition is certainly a rarity from what I've seen. Looking for a black dash to replace mine....

67_C-30

Yes, I was blown away when I saw the dash. Mine is grey, so I guess it was replaced at some point. Oddly enough, one of my door panels is grey and other is the same reddish brown that the seats are. :cookoo: I'm going to try a new set of brown ones.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks