• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Recovering m1009 out of ohio tomorrow, may need help

greenjeepster

Okay so I bought a m1009 off of gsa and have to pick it up tomorrow. I rented a uhaul trailer but am worried that it will not fit on it when I get up there. How wide are these trucks outside to outside of tire? I have read that they are 79 inches but I went and measured the uhaul and it is 75 inches... I ran a search and there are plenty of threads talking about people moving them on Uhauls.... I hope this works, it is a 4 hr trip up there for me.

Anybody want to go along for a ride? Anybody have a trailer I could beg barrow or steel between Lexington KY and jeffersonville oh? My tow vehicle is a 32 ft RV with a triton V10 so no problems in the pulling dept, just need a big enough trailer or a good towbar.

salt6

I recovered mine from GSA. Just make sure you get the older silver deck trailer. Oh be prepared to fix flats, and take a key. You can get the key info to have one cut at a chevy dealer from the CUCV faq.

Foprgot to say, I talked to a U-haul rep on the phone and told him what I wanted and he got it for me.

Attachments

Last edited:

cleb

I hauled a M1009 with a 2002 1/2ton GMC Sierra using a mil towbar. The CUCV was missing an engine, the seller put the 6.2l in the bed of the Sierra for us to put in later. It towed like a dream, even when we had to get up to 75mph. Brakes were a little less than ideal, just take it slow and easy. I later tried to get my M1009 on a dolly, and it was about 3 inches too wide :/.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks