• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Recovery of first Deuce

det45

I recovered my first Deuce last Thursday. Luckily, I had done some research here first. This is a great site!

I took all the suggested items with me, and they all were needed. I knew that the batteries were dead, so I took two Interstate Workaholic 6TLs, which turned out to be exactly the same batteries that where in the Deuce.

I checked the brake system, and no fluid in the master cylinder, not good. Added fluid and started to bleed the system, until I saw a puddle forming under the front rear axle. When I crawled under the truck, I found that the brake line that runs across the diff. was broken in two. Went to Kragen, got a new brake line, installed it, and bleed the system.

Checked the rest of the fluids, topped off the tire pressure, checked the lights, fluids, etc and drove her the 90 miles home. No problem.

Here's what I got:

M35A2C
1967 Kaiser Jeep Corp. w/winch
Continental LDT 465-1D, rebuilt at Tooele Army Depot 09/91, but looks brand new. New belts, new hoses, etc., just a bit of dust on what looks like a new engine.
Tires are so new, that they still have the little t*ts.

I have a couple of questions about some components the truck came with.

The tail lights are LED, is that normal?

There is a small solar panel mounted on the cowl, right behind the hood on the passenger side, to keep the batteries charged up. Is that normal? I'm thinking it doesn't work very well, as the batteries were bone dead.

Attachments

patch

Hey, nice score! You got some very desirable features- winch, hardtop, new looking vinyl cover, new tires, and yes the LED's are a nice catch, ya don't see those too often. Way to go!![thumbzup]

det45

Thanks guys.

The speedo doesn't work, but it has 1470 hours. It has a few minor warts, like the speedo, but all in all, it's in great shape. I suspect that it was refurbished not too long ago, as even the paint in supprisingly good shape, I'm just going to do some touch-up on everything except the front bumper.

I got it out of Barstow CA. When I was picking it up, I noticed that they had a bunch of newly arrived trucks that looked real good. They wheren't in the auction area yet, but I'm sure they are coming up soon. Barstow has been clearing out better and better trucks. I would guess that they are getting down to the in-service vehicles. I also saw at least four M35A3s for those that are interested.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks