• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Recovery of my fresh Laundry Unit

3dAngus

Well it was a good day today. Pics attached.

I solicited help from Harold and his M35A2 to pull my new laundry unit to the house. He and his wife Vivian came to my rescue. This thing is brand new and never used outside of generator maintenance. Tech manuals were all in there in hermetically sealed plastic, as were the cards for running the washer. Paint looked GREAT and all hookups and piping appeared to be there. The ladder and steps and walkway have never been removed. Batteries looked new at the connections but were probably used for the gen maintenance unless they elected to use a slave cable. There is just a ton of equipment on this unit that is going to require further investigation. I can probably use the high output hot water heater, gen, and trailer, but might try to sell the washer, dryer and wringer with pumps to a farmer or someone with a big shed for washiing coveralls and canvas with. Harold is listed as Armyvet67 on SS. Great guy and a skilled driver! Thanks Harold!!!

p.s. Harold gets his cast off his foot tomorrow. He broke it changing out a tire on his Deuce. Ouch!

Attachments

Last edited:

3dAngus

No EUC required.

Not sure this will come in right, but if it does, look at page 13. What I especially like about this type of trailer is the ladder and scaffling on the sides.

Attachments

armyvet67

Yellow Boot

This is Harold the guy with one yellow boot ha. I broke my leg at the ankle back in October and I had a cast on my right leg. I came up with that idea so I could get out side and do a little work without getting my cast dirty. It was a little hard driving that deuce with that boot on but I got use to it. The yellow boot will come off tomorrow. Be careful jumping on a breaker bar looseing lug nuts. The bar slipped and I crammed my leg into the ground breaking my leg. Live and learn!!!

A

A/C Cages

I would love the trailer frame off that. I just never can make it anywhere to go pick up these deals you all find.

I was going to ask about the yellow boot too. Sorry to hear about your ankle.

A

A/C Cages

I use a Matco Infinium 18V 1/2" Li-Ion impact gun for almost everything including lugs.

mudguppy

i can't believe you would part it. that's a really neat unit and it's hard to believe they would surplus it. well, not it isn't....

anyway, that's a really capable unit and i would look at selling it as a unit to a company or outfit that could utilize it's potential.

3dAngus

Can we ask the Price?
Where'd you recover her from?

It came from Robins where three were sold. This was the best of them. One was a real rust bucket but had a sweet clean low hour generator on it. My Visa card was rung up a little over $3K after fees and taxes.

I was hoping to sell the unit as a whole, minus the gen. to a fella in disaster relief, but he couldn't come up with the funds.

I couldn't either, and it will stay on my credit card until I can find a buyer. Hope to sell it whole to a good org. who can use it, but that might be a tough find. There is one on ebay for $10K that is not anywhere close to this one, but it has a gen. I hope to keep the gen, but will do whatever it takes to clear my Visa card of the debt.

Just can't imagine having something like this to play with and they never even hooked up the batteries or pulled any of the ladders or step platform down. It's never been touched. Crazy stuff here and kinda sad, but I'm not crying. I have to say, we need be ready for anything. It's what makes us strong. These units have been replaced with a newer model.

Units are used for biomedical moveable hospitals and disaster relief.

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have a friend in the dry cleaning & laundry buisness. I've kidded him about having one of those laundry units to keep things running in the event of a "Laundry Apocalypse".

Just imagine how many cloth diapers you could process on one of those units.... Enough to go for invitrofertilization and have octoplets or something :jumpin::jumpin::jumpin::jumpin::jumpin::jumpin::jumpin::jumpin:

That's be a buncha poop by anyone's measure :roll:

3dAngus

jbingvtx, Yes it is a M1061E1 trailer. I love the feet, handles 10K in weight. One thing I wanted to pass on to you is in backing up. I'll attach a picture with a circle on it.
When backing up this trailer, it is wide and slow. Not at all like a boat trailer or something. The M35A2 has some bumper protectors or whatever is pictured on the back and you will quickly turn the truck into the A-Frame of the trailer with these rear protectors. Under these protectors are hookups for safety chains where Harold hooked up to. I don't know the real name of these so I send a pic and maybe someone can educate me as to what they are called. Overall, you would be very happy with this trailer, I'm sure, but it depends on your needs. Bed is about 14' and it is heavy but strong as a tank.

Attachments