• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Recovery

jsthnt@gmail.com

Well had our first major hiccup in Topeka. Lost a nut off the lower outside 4 link. Got bolt back in now searching for a nut. Could be worse I guess. Well back to our nut finding adventure.

jsthnt@gmail.com

We cannot seem to find anyone who has the flipping nut! Everyone only has up to an inch and we need an 1 1/8 nut. Seriously now this is not going to stop us. Come he'll or high water we WILL get our deuce home!

91W350

Drill and safety wire that thing in place, or at least use some red locktite.
The bolt is too short for that, I guess you could drill the nut and bolt, then run a wire through it. They are about 40 miles away from me now, when they get here, we will lock-tite it and fill the leaky transfer case and rear differential. I have access to a good welding shop, if the mounts need to be rebuilt or gusseted, it sounds like the truck should not have left the shop yet. It has a lot of issues, but it has some quality stuff done as well.

jsthnt@gmail.com

We have a lot of work ahead of us that's for sure. I'm just glad we didn't have a debilitating issue with this truck. We will do what we need to to fix this truck up rite. Glen thank you sooo much! You didn't have to help us at all n u gave us more than we could have ever imagined. I never knew meeting you in York on your recovery would turn into so much. (cute girl at truck stop a.k.a Mindy)

91W350

They grabbed a pair of oil filters, some fuel, a primary filter, filled up the transfer case and rear differential and made tracks north out of Salina. They should be getting close to home by now and no phone calls.... hope all is well.... Nice to meet you guys, that is one tough looking truck. I wanted to steal the intake mushroom, but the evil piercing eyes kept my hands off, that and the fact it had somebody or thing's blood already smeared on it... Glen

Attachments

Last edited:

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
on the leaking gear oil, has anybody thought to take a quick check of the VENTS

jsthnt@gmail.com

Not home yet got bombarded by people wanting pics lol. We just went thru Hebron n headed towards York. All is good now. Thank you so much Glen and Jesse we appreciate all ur help n info.[thumbzup]

91W350

I did not check the transfer case vent, that is a load of oil to be losing though. I thought they vented into a tube that also had the transmission and brake vents that run up to the firewall. A couple of photos while my back yard was blessed with company. Glen

Attachments

jsthnt@gmail.com

Yes we are home! Very tired wore out but enjoyed the adventure! Relieved it over and our deuce and everyone involved made it home safely (including Glen, Jesse, and Mike n his copilot) much thanks to everyone we appreciate everything!

12vctd

I did check the vents, the transfer case seal is blown, vent was clear its the input seal and they will be getting it replaced. The rear axle simply top cover and side cover needs gaskets re done and fluids replaced. A word to the wise for anyone building any truck locking fasteners on suspensions save lives. Truck was pretty squirrly for me when that link came loose. I personaly was allowed to drive thier duece for many many miles even was clocked running 72 mph. ITs a good solid foundation now the new owners need to mold it to thier specific needs and work out some kinks. Thank you Shawn and Mindy for allowing me to enjoy this adventure with you guys thanks Glen as usual for your support or people you have never met. I think I might get some sleep now since Ive been up for 49 hours straight and travelled many miles as well as pulled a tranny.

jsthnt@gmail.com

We all got some sleep here now we are ready to start working on the beast now. We very much enjoyed the company of 12vctd. We had some good conversations and lots of laughs. We were still nervous as this truck was a first for us on so ma y levels. We are happy to say we made a successful recovery. Advice for "Newbies" which we are use the tools and advise on these forums. They are a very useful item to have. If any of you are in our area let us know if you need anything at all. We are on a pay it forward deal. We got some help and would love to help someone else.

reb87

You made it!!, Glen called me and said you were in my territory. Im glad you got home safe and sound...Nice looking truck.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks