• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Red Ball rally in Gilbert PA, Sep 2014 - who's going?

rlprettyman

Am I correct to assume weather strip seals will be available at the show? I'm looking to get door and windshield weather stripping. Also window slides for both doors for my M925A2.

Digger09

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I will have some 11.00x20 tires available. If anyone wants a certain amount of tires PM me and I will put them in the truck. I have both new and brand new caps available.

LanceRobson

Just finished loading. Here's some more items we are bringing:

5 ton jackshaft, good take out
5 ton power steering pump
2 qt canteens with covers and straps, new
2 ea 6 step boarding ladders, good used
New and used phamplet and tool bags
2 ea Deuce spare tire windlasses, good take outs
20' camo cargo cover for XLWB 5 ton trucks, new in bag
Tan m105 trailer cargo cover, I don't think it's ever been on a trailer
20k BTU liquid fired heater, NOS in box
2 ea NOS 30k BTU hot water cab heaters, heater box only, CARC
30k BTU hot water cab heater in semi gloss olive with most of the installation kit, NOS
3-4 good takeout composite light switches for M series vehicles
3-4 good takeout turn signal switches for M series vehilces
2 ea good take out CUCV 100 Amp alternators, one each right and left
A complete M1009 exhaust system from the headers back less clamps and hangers -new

Lance

LanceRobson

Anyone have a take-off Power Steering Pump off a CUCV M1009 Ill be needing one, let me know Ill be at spaces D-1 and D-2..Thanks, Scott O&O
mutt, I have one on the M1009 I'm parting out. The truck has 19k miles on it and was runnig fine but was rusting apart. I won't be able to get it off in time for the show. If you don't find one at the show shoot me a PM next week. I can ship it easy enough.

Lance

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Loading the truck up now for the ride up, lotsa little things, manuals, ammo cans, wine crate, tools, etc. Stop on by and say "hi"! Will be in my normal spots on the NE side against the fence. Weather is still slated to be great, lows in the high 40s, high in the 70s. Partly sunny the whole time!

Sorry, no Vietnam display this time. Ran out of time and money. Maybe next time.

surplusyes

Kudos Redball 2014 Show at Gilbert

Kudos to Jim Gilmore and the Redball chapter, another great show! Hauled a lot of goodies home, food was great along with the weather

PaFarmer

It was my first time, nice show. My son and I took the 931A1 and enjoyed rides in the CCKW and the Halftrack.

FormerNewMVGuy

Yes, excellent show,lots of vendors and lots of vehicles! Also good weather.

Maybe we should have a moment of silence, for "Ed Luksa" who passed away on Saturday .

Gilbert 2014

Enjoyed the show, weather was nice also. The RedBall MV Club did a fantastic job hosting and putting the show together. All of their hard work is much appreciated. More vendors than I have ever seen at Gilbert, nice job Jim Gilmore. Thanks to all of the people who came out from all over North America, enjoyed your company and looking at your MV's and OD Green Stuff!

As, Scott stated in the previous post, Sat was tarnished by the passing of ED LUKSA. Our prayers and condolences go out to his family and friends, as we are deeply saddened by this sudden loss. Thanks to the RedBall Club for handling the situation as in a professional manner.
I know Ed enjoyed himself at the show, because I talked with him every morning over coffee and breakfast which I prepared for him in the Gypsy Company MKT. He was the first person to come visit with me each morning, including his last morning on earth.

weather was nice also. The RedBall MV Club did a fantastic job hosting and putting the show together. All of their hard work is much appreciated. More vendors than I have ever seen at Gilbert, nice job Jim Gilmore. Thanks to all of the people who came out from all over North America, enjoyed your company and looking at your MV's and OD Green Stuff!

As, Scott stated in the previous post, Sat was tarnished by the passing of ED LUKSA. Our prayers and condolences go out to his family and friends, as we are deeply saddened by this sudden loss. Thanks to the RedBall Club for handling the situation as in a professional manner.
I know Ed enjoyed himself at the show, because I talked with him every morning over coffee and breakfast which I prepared for him in the Gypsy Company MKT. He was the first person to come visit with me each morning, including his last morning on earth. He loved his M-37 and had a passion for the Boy Scout organization. He will be missed by all.
Sadly, Gypsy Company lost a family member that day also. My good friends Steve and Anna Rudowsky, lost Steve’s Mom, who enjoyed coming to the Gilbert Show and partaking in our crazy hobby. A moment of silence for "MOM" Rudowsky also, she was a beautiful human being. I will miss her dearly. Our prayers and condolences go out to Steve's Dad and their entire family. In spirit, Ed and Mrs. Rudowsky will be with us at future Gilbert Shows, as are so many brother and sisters before them.
I hope all had a good time and made it home safely. See you next year and God Bless.

John
ed the show, weather was nice also. The RedBall MV Club did a fantastic job hosting and putting the show together.All of their hard work is much appreciated.More vendors than I have ever seen at Gilbert, nice job Jim Gilmore.Thanks to all of the people who came out from all over North America, enjoyed your company and looking at your MV's and OD Green Stuff!
As, Scott stated in the previous post, Sat was tarnished by the passing of ED LUKSA.Our prayers and condolences go out to his family and friends, as we are deeply saddened by this sudden loss.Thanks to the RedBall Club for handling the situation as in a professional manner.
I know Ed enjoyed himself at the show, because I talked with him every morning over coffee and breakfast which I prepared for him in the Gypsy Company MKT.He was the first person to come visit with me each morning, including his last morning on earth.He loved his M-37 and had a passion for the Boy Scout organization.He will be missed by all.
Sadly, Gypsy Company lost a family member that day also.My good friends Steve and Anna Rudowsky, lost Steve’s Mom, who enjoyed coming to the Gilbert Show and partaking in our crazy hobby.A moment of silence for "MOM" Rudowsky also, she was a beautiful human being.I will miss her dearly.Our prayers and condolences go out to Steve's Dad and their entire family.In spirit, Ed and Mrs. Rudowsky will be with us at future Gilbert Shows, as are so many brother and sisters before them.
I hope all had a good time and made it home safely.See you next year and God Bless.

John

Attachments

Last edited:

SteveKuhn

Of the 3 Redballs I've attended, this one had the largest and widest variety of display vehicles, the most vendors, and without a doubt, the best weather. It was the 1st time my niece and her son attended a show and this one was just right for letting them know what the hobby is about. It's always good to see and greet friends and put faces and names with avatars, and I appreciate the warm welcomes you call gave to Pam and Bill.

I think that the cook's tour of John's MKT was the highlight for Bill. Pam got a rare ride in a Half-Track and before Saturday, she didn't know what they were.

Looking forward to next year. It's a real fall highlight.

Steve

Not sure what the problem is, but having issues with editing the previous post. Sorry for the format and redundant wording, cannot edit the text for some reason? Anyhow, here are some more pics from the show.

John

Attachments

Timberwolf22

Great event..... Most importantly..... good people.

Did I mention awesome food!

There were high's and lows at the event.... in other words "life happened" while we were all "Out playing Trucks" as my son would say. I would wish congratulations to the newly weds, my condolences as well for their loss but I wanted to thank everyone for making the event something that I looked forward to for months.

Thank you to everyone that helped with "Project Gun Ring".... the truck received sighs and "head shakes" when it pulled up the driveway while I smiled all the way thru my "Look what I did" speech".

muthkw25

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The show was great and was the first time we stayed for the whole event. There was lots of vendors and vehicles and a great time meeting everyone In Gypsy Company. I have lots of photos of the convoy leaving Sunday if anyone is interested. I made some with effects to make It look like vintage photos. Thanks again and looking forward to attending next year.
2014-09-21 16.31.29.jpg

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks