• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

REDBALL Military Transport Fall Rally & Swap Meet, Gilbert PA, September 18&19, 2009

Srjeeper

Forgive an FNG question, but are there more vehicles on Sat? I'll assume that Friday is the best day for the swap stuff (get there early for the best stuff/deals) but I'm thinking that Sat would be better for the vehicles?

Both days are good for checking out the vehicles, but usually around 1530 saturday you'll see some start heading out. The judging is all done and 1700 the show is over.

WarrenD

Both days are good for checking out the vehicles, but usually around 1530 saturday you'll see some start heading out. The judging is all done and 1700 the show is over.
Thanks. I figured more folks will be going Sat with work schedules, etc, so there would likely be more vehicles around. I'm driving 3+ hours to get there, planning on knocking the gates down in the AM and staying until I get thrown out! ;-)

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If your there to buy stuff, EARLY Friday AM is the time to be there.. Most of the dealers are set up and selling stuff (to other dealers) on Thursday Afternoon. Like mentioned before, if your looking for something, you'll probably find it there..

WarrenD

If your there to buy stuff, EARLY Friday AM is the time to be there.. Most of the dealers are set up and selling stuff (to other dealers) on Thursday Afternoon. Like mentioned before, if your looking for something, you'll probably find it there..
I figured that. I don't have a MV (yet) so I'm looking, asking questions and saving. As I do the photog thing, I'm more interested in the vehicles that show up. I hope weather doesn't become a factor, but if it does, I like to weigh my options and knowing what they are helps in that dept.

LOGGJAM

Hey All,

Any one going to the Gilbert show/swap meet that has a good tailgate for a M35 that they are willing to sell, looking forward to another great show this year

thx

Mike

jfccac

I will be looking for a speedo adapter (the rig that hangs off of the tranny/transfer case and feeds the speedo cable)

HAWKMAN

:funny: Weather is looking better:jumpin:all trucks/trailers loaded and will be loading the jeeps on the towers trailer this morning...................joy..joy..happy...happy:-D

Srjeeper

The weather's great, the deals are great and SS is very well represented. Tomorrow is the last day so ya better get here or you'll regret it when they start postin pictures:!::!::!:

atankersdad

In Memorial
In Memorial
Just talked with my youngest son who is on his way up. Weather is great for the trip thru central Pa. . He has a new recruit to the MV world with him. I am envious that i cannot go back today. Thanks SRJEEPER for welcoming all of us and hosting such a fine event.

WarrenD

It was a great day, well worth the 7 hours on the road. Special thanks to Rick for that wild weasel ride near the end of the day! I'll post pics mid-next week, I haven't clue how many I took, but there are probably 1000 or more to process, so it may take a few days. I'll let you all know when they're up. Thanks to all who work to put it on, I'll be back next year for sure!

Srjeeper

Well if ya didn't make it, shame on you!

Great turn out, the deals were out there for the takin and it sure looked like a great time was had by all.

Met a whole bunch of new SS folks there along with just as many long time friends. Our very own 'Nickd' won a plaque for his beautifully restored mule w/106.

Keep watching the site cause I'm sure the pictures will start showing up soon.

FYI East Coast Guys....next big show/swapmeet for us will be MTA's April Show, so start your plans.

I also want to send out a very sincere 'Thank You' to those that took the time to stop by the 'Dawg House' and say 'Hi', it was good seeing you all.

atankersdad

In Memorial
In Memorial
Where are the pictures? Figured you guys would post up some pictures so I wouldn't feel bad about not being able to go!!
With the Hooters girls being there all weekend they took our cameras as we entered the fairgrounds. I was not happy with that. However , once the sun went down I knew why!!! I will now stay married for another year.

WarrenD

Where are the pictures? Figured you guys would post up some pictures so I wouldn't feel bad about not being able to go!!
They are coming. I was shooting all weekend, fell asleep at the computer last night. I have 1100 shots to go thru, process and upload (just the best, not all 1100!!). I'm hoping by mid-week......They will be worth the wait!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks