• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Registering my deuce in Texas

budman67

Thanks,I didn't Know of a map of members,thought it was a listing.
Marked myself down.

To this thread,these are very interesting reads of the pit falls we can encounter
trying to license these old girls.
I hope my process goes without a hitch, good luck to you.

sidel2426

I'm not sure about other counties but in Harris County the tax office is going to tell you to take it to the Harris County Sheriffs Office auto theft division so they can fill out a form 68A if you do not have a title and you want to get the bonded title. Ask me how I know!!! You will have to take the form 68a and a certified scale weight ticket with you to the tax office. ...Aaand when you think you have everything you need you go back to the tax office and they will tell you it has to be done downtown. When you go downtown they will tell you it has to be done at the other office. When you go back to the other office.... Again, ask me how I know!!! I'm not bitteraua

There was another member here who posted just about every Texas law on registering and driving your FMV in Texas. I will see if I can find it.

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/showth...Former-Military-Vehicles)&highlight=texas+law

Many thanks to USAFSS-ColdWarrior for putting together this information.

rccjunk

I'm now looking at the same issue from a M35A2 from Alabama. The seller states that a title is not required in Alabama on pre 1978 vehicles. He claims that the truck is registered and the Alabama tags are up to date. I'd of course get a bill of sale. I want to bring this to Texas though. I'm guessing that I'll need a SF-97. Does anyone have better information?

Last edited:

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm now looking at the same issue from a M35A2 from Alabama. The seller states that a title is not required in Alabama on pre 1978 vehicles. He claims that the truck is registered and the Alabama tags are up to date. I'd of course get a bill of sale. I want to bring this to Texas though. I'm guessing that the I'll need a SF-97. Does anyone have better information?
Getting a SF97 for something uncle sold long ago is impossible. See post 22, you need a bonded title.

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm now looking at the same issue from a M35A2 from Alabama. The seller states that a title is not required in Alabama on pre 1978 vehicles. He claims that the truck is registered and the Alabama tags are up to date. I'd of course get a bill of sale. I want to bring this to Texas though. I'm guessing that I'll need a SF-97. Does anyone have better information?
You won't need a bonded title or a SF-97. Since AL does not issue titles all you need is a BOS and a copy of his registration (from AL). TX will issue a title with that. I did the exact same thing from GA to WY.

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You won't need a bonded title or a SF-97. Since AL does not issue titles all you need is a BOS and a copy of his registration (from AL). TX will issue a title with that. I did the exact same thing from GA to WY.
This would be correct. I did the same thing with a '57 Ford pickup with an AL BOS and registration. Walked into the TX DMV and provided paperwork and an application for a TX title and had the title 6 weeks later. It was actually much easier than dealing with an SF-97.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks