• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Removing lug and budd nuts!

emr

Amen again :) Use air and carry the bar to break em loose, I have never had a problem braking em loose on the road, it has not happend alot to me, but it has happened, do not be affraid of air, a 1 inch gun is what should be used . and enough air to run it, clean threads and anti sieze em,oh and use a plumbers pipe cleaner from the hardware store with the metal handle and wire on the end to get into the nuts and clean those threads to... :) its the right thing to do, i still use grease after 30 years, the anti sieze is usually further away. on the bench... geeze, now a bunch of guys can talk about wet toque applications. but it is just not needed, I go by what i feel they should be, If u want to u will feel it ,

Heavysteven

I have a 3/4 air impact from Napa I use works fine for me.

Also, I have a quick connection to air under my glove box. So I can use air tools on the road if need be.

Preacherboy

Well, yesterday morning a friend from church brought over his torch. He heated up the sticky budd caps and I got them all loose. The one with the broken end he had to get very hot and even nipped a little chunk out of it and I was able to put my pipe wrench on it with a short cheater pipe and get it off. What a relief!

Now I'm saving up for a torque multiplier; but I'll just carry a 6' pipe with me for now.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks