• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Removing the TH400

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Habor freight sells a transmission adapter that fits most floor jacks for $50 bucks add their coupons you should be able to pick one up as cheap as renting .

edit: Having owned mainly fords which have studs on the torque converter
I found if you cut the heads off of bolts the size of the bell housing bolts and round the end with a grinder and slot the end . use bolts long enough to slide the transmission on without binding on the flywheel they will slide into place on the studs in the block put a couple bolts in the other holes and use a screwdriver to remove the slotted bolts , this works well for manuel transmissions also.

Last edited:

QuickSilver

Putting the trans back in today. The guy at the shop said the insides looked almost new. He replaced a couple of clutch disks since he was in there anyway, and that was it.

edpdx

QuickSilver thanks for completing the thread with a happy ending. I hate to find an interesting thread and read 3 pages only to find it unresolved.

Feel free to post any tips on the R&R, after getting reamed on a transmission job on my wife's car earlier this month, I think I'll pull my tranx in the driveway and and have it rebuilt like you- I've pulled 2-3 TH350s but the 400 will be a first.

Good Job!fat lady sings