• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Replacement radiator

hughscpa

Is there a substitute radiator for the m35a2? My fan decided to kiss it today when returning with my two rebuilt engines. 2 miles from home luckily.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
No, there is not.

saddamsnightmare

March 9th, 2012.

No... BUT White Owl Parts in Kinston, NC can set you up with a new original for less then recoring. Because the deuce uses a "Bucket" type radiator, nobody today carries the right types of cores and they are not heavy enough to take the abuse a deuce radiator gets in service. Something must have moved for your fan to eat the radiator. Good luck on you repairs, a new radiator is easy to put in and will improve your cooling system. Just flush it out before you install the new radiator....:grin:

hughscpa

A fan belt broke and got tangled up behind it somehow and grabbed a blade of the fan bending it. Needless to say the bend was towards the radiator and boom went the radiator. What a mess. I do have a new fan I can take off one of the other engines though and they are new. How lucky can I be? aua

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks