• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Replacement radiator

hughscpa

Is there a substitute radiator for the m35a2? My fan decided to kiss it today when returning with my two rebuilt engines. 2 miles from home luckily.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
No, there is not.

saddamsnightmare

March 9th, 2012.

No... BUT White Owl Parts in Kinston, NC can set you up with a new original for less then recoring. Because the deuce uses a "Bucket" type radiator, nobody today carries the right types of cores and they are not heavy enough to take the abuse a deuce radiator gets in service. Something must have moved for your fan to eat the radiator. Good luck on you repairs, a new radiator is easy to put in and will improve your cooling system. Just flush it out before you install the new radiator....:grin:

hughscpa

A fan belt broke and got tangled up behind it somehow and grabbed a blade of the fan bending it. Needless to say the bend was towards the radiator and boom went the radiator. What a mess. I do have a new fan I can take off one of the other engines though and they are new. How lucky can I be? aua