• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Replacement seat dimensions

Glider

I have the base model seats in my truck and am having trouble deciding between commanders buckets with adjustable seat base and aftermarket seats. I've looked at Rugged Ridge, Smittybuilt and also thinking about Chrysler Pacifica stow and go seats. They recline, have armrests and will fold flat.

My questions is about leg room and fitment. Can you guys with aftermarket seats measure the distance from seat to bar for rear, what you would hit knee to in front passenger and I'm not really sure for the driver. I'll post the measurements for seat pads when I get home. I'll also attach some pics of Pacifica seats in a Humvee I found in classified ad.

Maxjeep1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have the caravan or Pacifica seats and I’m just start to play around with fitting. I can tell you that front passenger is tight. I will remove the armrest on the door side so seat can go back further and that gives you more room for the seat at the tunnel. It also is tight with the seatbelt and if you have the b-pillar pad it will rub on it when you fold it forward. The rear seems to pretty straight forward but I think they need to be raised up in the rear so they sit more flat than pitched with the base. Driver should be the best fit because you have more room and the base is flat. The picture of the seats you posted seam to be narrower at the shoulders and they might fit better but the bottom isn’t ready to bolt in and will require angle on the sides to mount. I got a guy that has nice new seats for cheap he has EBay site but I have his number so you would save tax and probably get a better deal. I like the high back military seats because they fit perfectly and they are reasonably comfortable but they are pretty expensive. My buddy told me not to get the smitty built seats and he sell that stuff everyday. He said that they are cheaply made but they are cheap seats and I you can afford to replace them as they wear out. A9AA5C19-322A-46B7-B6BC-57D0D014716E.jpegC61EB8F1-ED37-47CC-8F59-40D400FE4ED6.pngEF9DAF14-DAFB-4055-AC4F-298B34AD1364.png

Glider

The bottom pair pictured looks like they would fit better in front. I also think that is same style I post pic of. It would be nice to see the other style in pass side if you haven't mounted yet.

Maxjeep1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The bottom pair pictured looks like they would fit better in front. I also think that is same style I post pic of. It would be nice to see the other style in pass side if you haven't mounted yet.
I only have the top style. Those pics are from him when I was trying to make up my mind. I like the bottom ones also and I wish I had one to try

Maxjeep1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I was just out messing with the seats in the rear and if I had it to do again I wouldn’t use them. I would probably recover the high back seats. They fit perfect. It’s like each seat has its own issue that you have to resolve and the stockers just drop right in.

osteo16

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have the base model seats in my truck and am having trouble deciding between commanders buckets with adjustable seat base and aftermarket seats. I've looked at Rugged Ridge, Smittybuilt and also thinking about Chrysler Pacifica stow and go seats. They recline, have armrests and will fold flat.

My questions is about leg room and fitment. Can you guys with aftermarket seats measure the distance from seat to bar for rear, what you would hit knee to in front passenger and I'm not really sure for the driver. I'll post the measurements for seat pads when I get home. I'll also attach some pics of Pacifica seats in a Humvee I found in classified ad.
Here’s some info on my recent install of Smittybuilt seats.. I’m 6’2” and 235lbs.. And I have plenty of room in front and back.. Had a 6’9” kid in the back with no issue.. 3D86EDB2-02CB-4FF0-85FA-2AA21442CB18.jpeg61085FF0-C8F8-4F9B-834F-26566CF9BC7B.jpeg48AD47F3-9890-4095-9031-06771889298C.jpeg493A6D77-F7A1-4EE3-A4F3-26F1FF6EC76E.jpeg7B952892-F135-422F-A906-CECE09FFE561.jpegC83D8BA8-3874-4A02-BF37-8A483BADA22A.jpegBED9DFB0-22FF-4E14-BECA-9BEAC7E16C0A.jpegE09FF7C9-31C7-4259-B5C6-EFFA2F808CBA.jpeg

Maxjeep1

Steel Soldiers Supporter

Mills

I bought some Corbeau Trailcat seats after watching this video from the YouTube channel Split Builds. The Corbeau’s fit great and work well.

Glider

Glider

Well, After way too much thought on this I am going to agree with Maxjeep. My 1st choice is factory highback with spring seat mount. I found a seller that has sets of NOS driver,passenger and driver sesat with spring seat base and mounting kit selling for 750.00. He is planning a trip to my area soon and can deliver for free! I'm going to buy 2 sets and will have a seat base for sale afterwards. Caveat with these is they are new but faded to the blue color. I can live with it or get some dye. If that falls thru im going to go with Brown Smitty built seats and Midwest Military fixed seat base for driver or factory spring seat base that I will need to make adapter plate with both seat bolt patterns.

Did I miss anything?

Maxjeep1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well, After way too much thought on this I am going to agree with Maxjeep. My 1st choice is factory highback with spring seat mount. I found a seller that has sets of NOS driver,passenger and driver sesat with spring seat base and mounting kit selling for 750.00. He is planning a trip to my area soon and can deliver for free! I'm going to buy 2 sets and will have a seat base for sale afterwards. Caveat with these is they are new but faded to the blue color. I can live with it or get some dye. If that falls thru im going to go with Brown Smitty built seats and Midwest Military fixed seat base for driver or factory spring seat base that I will need to make adapter plate with both seat bolt patterns.

Did I miss anything?
I think seats are 359 new from Mac Motors but shipping will probably be a lot. I called and got a better rate than it showed on the website.

Maxjeep1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I just checked Mac Motors and it’s 766 for 2 new seats shipped to Vegas. 86.00 for shipping doesn’t seem bad. You are better off going with new049A3020-9A93-489A-AE7D-3C5043B6B1D9.png

Action

Keep in mind that if you order original seats, that the commander seat should have longer studs on the bottom than the other 3 locations.

12446712-3 is driver and rears
12446712-2 is commander seat

Maxjeep1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Keep in mind that if you order original seats, that the commander seat should have longer studs on the bottom than the other 3 locations.

12446712-3 is driver and rears
12446712-2 is commander seat
They call it a 3/4 bolt? I’m confused again… commander seat goes on top of the batteries? Other 3 seats are the same. Would longer bolts matter in the other locations?

Maxjeep1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yes that and I am getting 2 drivers seat hight and slide adjustment. It is basically the ebay link below. I'll be saving shipping. These are old new stock that will fade to blue also.

I like it. I think it’s the simplest way to go. I still don’t know if I’m going to use the seats I bought. I love the seats I just don’t know about mounting them. I’m still playing with around with them. If I had 4 stock seats I would be done with it

Action

You should be able to run commander seat in all locations, but it cost more per seat. My commander seat has different foam inside. The driver seat base has a wedge to absorb explosions. The commander does not, so the seat is made different. My commander seat bottom cushion is stiff.
I put new seats in mine about 10 years ago. They still look new and green. It has been outside 24 hours a day since 2015.

Maxjeep1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You should be able to run commander seat in all locations, but it cost more per seat. My commander seat has different foam inside. The driver seat base has a wedge to absorb explosions. The commander does not, so the seat is made different. My commander seat bottom cushion is stiff.
I put new seats in mine about 10 years ago. They still look new and green. It has been outside 24 hours a day since 2015.
So what’s the best one to have? Made different means better or equal and just different? I don’t think I need blast shield anymore all the explosions come from the opposite direction. Hahaha

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks