• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

replacing bumpers on m1008

slickm1008

Haha, can't help notice the color of yer rig in yer avitar

...and perhaps it was ordered as a fire vehicle cause the red is the 1st color over the primer... Unless they went to bare metal... But who knows? All I can say is the red was the only paint they did right, everything else is overspray etc

But regardless it's a good truck!

So far it seems the group here is an example of extremes... Either extremely helpful or extremely ...well unhelpful. Over-all I like the forum, the up-tight guys here are pretty funny... In their own way.

I suppose it's the same in every forum, on the bronco sites u r only cool if it's an old bronco & then only really if it is a bill stroppe baja bronco, then in mustang rooms only Shelby guys r cool.

I guess some folk just need others to think they are as cool as they think they are ...not sure why they get uptight about it tho

And NO, I'm not talk'n bout you ksm

slickm1008

Lift the truck and add 35"-37" tires and the engine will scream no more at highway speeds;{).

Look for a rear bumper and brackets from a Suburban or Blazer K5, actually same goes for the front... 1981-1991 but there are a few early years (81-82 I think) they added the turn signals in the front bumper.

Here is my 91 USAF Crew Cab painted red for a Fire Department with the CUCV brush guard on a chrome bumber:

http://48cj2a.com/images/k30/1991K30.JPG
That's what I was look'n for!!!! Nice rig man!!! I didn't know they did crew cucv's?

U have any pics of it all done?

SETOYOTA

Steel Soldiers Supporter
There are no crew cab CUCVs. The truck in 48cj's picture is not a CUCV. And no CUCVs were ordered as fire vehicles, however many have gone on to serve as fire equipment.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks