• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Replacing springs, quick question on main eye bolts

iacucv

Hey guys I searched here and the Internet but my results were flooded with U bolt re use debate. New u bolts for me, but my main spring eye bolts are in great shape. Are they torque to yield, are they a one time use or not?

To to make this post minorly interesting, so far an hour and a half in things have gone great. Air compressor is down so no impact for me. PB blaster a couple days ahead of time seems to have worked. Wrenches and ratchets alone have gotten both front springs out in that time, and not a one main eye bolt seized to the bushing sleeves. Shocked! Hope the good luck continues. Thanks for any insight guys.

iacucv

Jozseph, wish I would've done that to begin with! I was feeling bad about Internet shopping and decided to get my axle u bolts and front shackle bushings local. Got off work at about 715pm Wednesday, disassembled front springs wed night. Thursday morning I drove to town. I have been to all 4 parts stores in town, more than once. I have ordered multiple parts that were supposed to be the one in hopes of getting it whole again by end of weekend. My last glimmer of hope for shackle/leaf spring bushings was dashed this morning..... All they showed me was the steel insert that I had to order. I finally was so fed up with local parts stores my net buying guilt disappeared. Sorry fellas, capitalism. Got every single part I need on the way from LMC. Sure it will take a couple days to get, but so far locally just the u bolts have cost about 150 bucks, 5 hours of my time and 20 bucks of gas running back and forth to end up with an axle still on the ground. FYI - NAPA is the smallest parts store in my town..... But the only one that was of any help to me.