• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Replacing springs, quick question on main eye bolts

iacucv

Hey guys I searched here and the Internet but my results were flooded with U bolt re use debate. New u bolts for me, but my main spring eye bolts are in great shape. Are they torque to yield, are they a one time use or not?

To to make this post minorly interesting, so far an hour and a half in things have gone great. Air compressor is down so no impact for me. PB blaster a couple days ahead of time seems to have worked. Wrenches and ratchets alone have gotten both front springs out in that time, and not a one main eye bolt seized to the bushing sleeves. Shocked! Hope the good luck continues. Thanks for any insight guys.

iacucv

Jozseph, wish I would've done that to begin with! I was feeling bad about Internet shopping and decided to get my axle u bolts and front shackle bushings local. Got off work at about 715pm Wednesday, disassembled front springs wed night. Thursday morning I drove to town. I have been to all 4 parts stores in town, more than once. I have ordered multiple parts that were supposed to be the one in hopes of getting it whole again by end of weekend. My last glimmer of hope for shackle/leaf spring bushings was dashed this morning..... All they showed me was the steel insert that I had to order. I finally was so fed up with local parts stores my net buying guilt disappeared. Sorry fellas, capitalism. Got every single part I need on the way from LMC. Sure it will take a couple days to get, but so far locally just the u bolts have cost about 150 bucks, 5 hours of my time and 20 bucks of gas running back and forth to end up with an axle still on the ground. FYI - NAPA is the smallest parts store in my town..... But the only one that was of any help to me.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks