• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Replay on wiper numbers

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've used the search function extensively but can't find the results. Does anybody have the part numbers for the Napa wiper and arm for the deuce. I bought one a while back and need to buy a few more. They work great but I just can't find the numbers. I think the arm kit was 60-750 and the blade was something 11. Can anybody help?
Kenny

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Kenny, the arm is #60-750 and the blade is 60-011-1, reading right off the package. They seem to work well, but havn't used them much since Rainex.

Bjorn

PS. Warm enough to measure any fuel temps? BB

SixBuy

RDD is right about the blade markings. The "2" is located in the holder where the arm connects. If not so marked the arm wobbles allowing the blade holder to rotate. Not good! This was a Trico issue that worked it's way into the NAPA stock, Just check before you leave the store to avoid disappointment as they say! ('They' is always right!)

Back in another world, somebody posted how to make the cheapo WalMart refills work in the original arm, assuming the arm and blade holde are OK.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hey Sixbuy and gang. I had a while box of the current issued wiper bades here fo a while. As I see it, the wiper blades aren't the problem, the arms are. They just don't provide enough spring pressure to wipe the glass effectivly. I did the RainX route for some time and it worked great. Now that I have the NAPA stuff on the drivers side, I swear by it. Driving in the rain is actually fun now.
Keny

Longhunter7

Windshield Size?

Cranetruck,

I have been told that the windshield glass on the M35 is the same size as the M37, and the two are interchangeable?

If this is true, then the wiper arm and blade set up should work the same on either truck!? :?:

Since you have both trucks in your stable, could you check this out for me, when you have a chance? Thank you!

SixBuy

If driving in the rain is fun, all I've got to say is you picked the right state to do it in! And speaking of wipers, I've discovered that if the air pressure is too high (over 105) the wiper motors and the horn won't work. How dey do dat?

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've never had the too high pressure problem. The valve on the wipers controls how much air gets to the wipers so the 120 in the tank shouldn't make a difference. The wipers almost always get to a point that they quit and the red button needs to be pushed. I have to say that the deuce has the best intermittent wiper system I've seen. Just a flick of the wrist. I only wished that they had put a wiper on the inside too!

Longhunter7

Windshield size?

I am still looking for information on the size of the glass windshield panels on the Deuce!

I have been told that they are the same size on the M37! Can anybody verify this, or measure the size of one of the Deuce panels?

If I can, I want to use the better wiper set up that is used on the Deuce! :arrow:

h1crwchf

Windshield size?

Longhunter7 said:
I am still looking for information on the size of the glass windshield panels on the Deuce!

I have been told that they are the same size on the M37! Can anybody verify this, or measure the size of one of the Deuce panels?

I just received my new windshield from Saturn. The panel measures 18"X28 1/8" not including the hinge on top. If you include the hinge it is 18 1/2" by 28 1/8". Those measurements do not include the rubber seal, I measured metal to metal.

Longhunter7

Windshield size?

h1crwchf,

Thank you for going to all the trouble to measure for me!

The panels are the same size! That means that I should be able to use the same wiper set up as the deuce. [thumbzup]

P.S. RDD, thanks for the offer but H1 beat you to it! :arrow:

CGarbee

The inner windshield sections are the same. The M37 and M35 have different outer frames, but the inner panels, hinges, latches on the bottom, and adjusting arms are the same (as are the rubber seals, etc.). The wiper assembly for the M37 is a vacume setup, the wiper for the M35 is a pressurized air setup. If you had onboard air in your M37, you could run the M35 wipers, but you can't on a stock truck...
I have a pair of each in the yard and have been known to swap windows around...

mangus580

I think what Longhunter is tripping over himself to find out, is if the wiper arms will work on both. I would suspect he is not happy with the wipers on his M37. (of course I have motives behind me prodding this issue :) )

red devils dude

Windshield size?

Longhunter7 said:
h1crwchf,

Thank you for going to all the trouble to measure for me!

The panels are the same size! That means that I should be able to use the same wiper set up as the deuce. [thumbzup]

P.S. RDD, thanks for the offer but H1 beat you to it! :arrow:
yeah I know this is what happens when I work tell 9:00pm.

CGarbee

mangus580 said:
I think what Longhunter is tripping over himself to find out, is if the wiper arms will work on both. I would suspect he is not happy with the wipers on his M37. (of course I have motives behind me prodding this issue :) )
The wiper arms will interchange.
The vacume setup on the M37 is a little anemic compared to the air powered setup on the M35, so the performance may not be that much better using an upgraded arm (motor may not be able to sweep very fast with an arm with a really healthy spring)...
Snag some of the arms/blades that folks have mentioned using with the M35 and mount them on the M37 motors and let us know about the perfomance.

I really like my electric wipers on my M37 with the big wiper arms and blades (United Technologies units), but they were not cheap... There is a page on my website that gives parts numbers, vendor info, and directions on how to modify the window frame to fit them. If I had onboard air on my M37 (a future project), then using the M35 wiper motors would have been a great option...

PS: Since I routinely drive my M37 at 75mph (even in the rain), having good wipers is a must for me...

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks