• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Request assistance viewing forum using Windows 8.1

rchalmers3

Half a mile from the Broad River
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Last week I upgraded from Windows 8.0 to 8.1 and all was well until an hour ago.

While I was navigating the "New Posts" search results, the font size suddenly shrank to half size! I can now display twice the posts at half the size! Except that everything is so small it's hard to read anything the content! Even my typing this is a struggle because of the eye strain.

Anybody recognize my error and are willing to explain what I did and how to correct this?

Rick

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I have no idea honestly. I had to touch a windows 8.1 machine only two weeks ago. (I swear I'll never touch it again) Perhaps you've shifted the font display size on your browser. I know in older browsers you could simply adjust the font size by holding down ctrl and press + or - to adjust.

rchalmers3

Half a mile from the Broad River
Steel Soldiers Supporter
What browser are you using? Did you inadvertently zoom the page?
THANK YOU! I am using Firefox. I searched and found the zoom commands that I did not know existed until you mentioned them and reset the zoom using the cntrl + 0. All is well!

I wonder if I'll remember this the next time it happens?

Rick

Last edited:

Abbysam007

I go to the WIKI page to find a deuce parts exchange for vendor parts like NAPA etc. on brakes, engine parts, tranny, etc and there are only 2 WIKI's there, one on MEP-002s and one on CUCV's.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I go to the WIKI page to find a deuce parts exchange for vendor parts like NAPA etc. on brakes, engine parts, tranny, etc and there are only 2 WIKI's there, one on MEP-002s and one on CUCV's.
I'm not sure I follow you? Yes, that's correct. That's the only WIKI's that are currently posted?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks