• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Request assistance viewing forum using Windows 8.1

rchalmers3

Half a mile from the Broad River
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Last week I upgraded from Windows 8.0 to 8.1 and all was well until an hour ago.

While I was navigating the "New Posts" search results, the font size suddenly shrank to half size! I can now display twice the posts at half the size! Except that everything is so small it's hard to read anything the content! Even my typing this is a struggle because of the eye strain.

Anybody recognize my error and are willing to explain what I did and how to correct this?

Rick

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I have no idea honestly. I had to touch a windows 8.1 machine only two weeks ago. (I swear I'll never touch it again) Perhaps you've shifted the font display size on your browser. I know in older browsers you could simply adjust the font size by holding down ctrl and press + or - to adjust.

rchalmers3

Half a mile from the Broad River
Steel Soldiers Supporter
What browser are you using? Did you inadvertently zoom the page?
THANK YOU! I am using Firefox. I searched and found the zoom commands that I did not know existed until you mentioned them and reset the zoom using the cntrl + 0. All is well!

I wonder if I'll remember this the next time it happens?

Rick

Last edited:

Abbysam007

I go to the WIKI page to find a deuce parts exchange for vendor parts like NAPA etc. on brakes, engine parts, tranny, etc and there are only 2 WIKI's there, one on MEP-002s and one on CUCV's.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I go to the WIKI page to find a deuce parts exchange for vendor parts like NAPA etc. on brakes, engine parts, tranny, etc and there are only 2 WIKI's there, one on MEP-002s and one on CUCV's.
I'm not sure I follow you? Yes, that's correct. That's the only WIKI's that are currently posted?