• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Respectfully suggest a Growler forum as well.

m1161

Good Morning,
I have a 2nd M1161 a 2012 very clean unit but the starter solenoid was fried due to a small relay in a cluster above the brake pedal. I pulled the started and it has absolutely no markings on it. My son, through contacts, is arranging to buy one thru folks in either Paraguay or Brazil. The differentials are FoMoCo or, I presume Ford Motor Co. There's a long number, not at hand, on the rear unit and the markings SYNTH 75W140 The differential's lubricant. Another mark is CAV21 However the front differential number is obscured by frame structure and is a CAV20. The M151 I have has interchangeable front and rear differentials...that may be too much to hope for here as per the "20" and "21" CAV numbers. I'll reply to this list if I have any results on the mysterious starter.

m1161

FWIW, I spoke to my IT person and he said no problem on setting up a Growler / M1161/3 forum.
We'll do that shortly if there's no interest on the steelsoldier's part. Presently I find it difficult
to navigate this forum for Growler information....IT is my nemesis.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
FWIW, I spoke to my IT person and he said no problem on setting up a Growler / M1161/3 forum.
We'll do that shortly if there's no interest on the steelsoldier's part. Presently I find it difficult
to navigate this forum for Growler information....IT is my nemesis.
There will be a growler forum added soon. Been focused on the migration.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks