• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Reuse head gasket if not run yet

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
They work very well in sand cars. I have seen 3 rotor cars keep the front end up for the complete 1/8 mile. CAn't find videos of cars in the dunes, but here's one of a sand drag event.

And, we are getting a bit off topic.......and I contributed to it :(

V8srfun

OK I know I'm really taking this thread off topic, but one last question. How high can the rotary engine rev ? I'd heard they can be real screamers which would make them extremely good for racing and possibly plane engines, or hovercraft engines. Is that correct ?
In stock form 10,000 is where the fuel limiter is set. Drag racers will port them to make power well beyond that but it is not practical for anything but drag racing. Since your porting does exactly the same thing a cam shaft does in a piston engine you can see where the extreme porting would make low rpm drivability almost impossible. If you had the rotors balanced and matched you probably could turn it to 12,000/13,000 reliably but I don’t k ow for certain. The guys that build these engines all have their own secret sauce unfortunately it is bad for enthusiasts because information is kept secret. It is not like the small block Chevy where you can easily find 10 different recipes to make 400+ hp on pump gas all motor.

cattlerepairman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ok, I'll help push this off topic! My dad bought a 1972 Mazda RX2 rotary coupe brand new and that is my childhood car. White with blue pinstripes. I remember being between the two front seats ('cause kids were expendable, back then!) when he blasted up the highway onramps and certainly did not adhere to any speed limits. That engine had a unique sound (it was a single rotor, as opposed to the later double rotor engines) and had the exact same seal problems as already described. Drank oil, like they all do, but it sure moved! 10k rpm is what I remember the absolute redline to be in this 4 speed manual car as well.
Thinking of it....I still have the two steel folding wheel chocks in Mazda blue that came with its tool kit in my tool box! :)

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks