• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Rifle Mount for the Five Ton

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Thank you. Found only one on eBay. They're like hens teeth these days.
Would think most of the newer trucks would already have them installed.
My M1088 had them when I got it. Never knew they existed when I got my M936.

I thought I had seen a home built version with a wooden box on the floor to keep from scuffing the finish. That was appealing to me. I don't remember what they used for the top - and I couldn't find it. Search isn't always as good as it could be :-(

cbrTodd

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just be aware that the rifle mount kits are different for a 939 than they are for the older trucks with the same cabs as the m35. The 939 mounts 1 to the driver's door and 2 to the passenger side dash. The only place I could find that has these is TNJ Murray and their price is significantly higher than what I paid for a kit a few years back from CCSurplus who doesn't have them on their website any more.

If you want the M809 series style where it mounts 2 to the dash using an L bracket, that whole kit is available on ebay as of today.

cbrTodd

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I ordered this one. Will it work?
That's the kit for an M35 or M809 cab, but it has all the parts you would need to attach the 2 passenger mounts. In an M35 cab, it uses the L bracket to hold them both near the center of the cab. The M939 mounts them both to the flat surface of the dash and doesn't use that bracket. The M939 also mounts a third one to the inside of the driver's door, which you don't have parts for in the kit you bought.
20210428_203806.jpg

As with many things on these trucks, I'm sure you could do it your own way or make the L bracket work in your M925A2 if you were so inclined.

I'm attaching a couple pictures I took of the instructions that came with my M939 kit that show where the two passenger side mounts 'officially' go, if you want to go that route. I'm not sure if they will attach with good enough resolution for you to see the measurements. If not, send me your email address by PM and I can send you the higher resolution version. It's still a copy of a copy and very grainy but it was good enough for me to read.
20210428_203639.jpg
20210428_203647.jpg

charlesmann

Iv got a mount out of a ch-47 for the cockpit. Its made for an m4, but i was able to fit my ar in it, even though it was a very tight fit. Ill see about getting some pics of it, if i can find it tomorrow. My plan was to take my center seat/console out of my ram p/u and mount it on the floor, along with fabbing up a mount for my shotgun, and install some ammo cans for storage and extra mags.

The base will be easy to lengthen and build more, but the latch system, will require some extra time, and for a cleanerlook, machining, but it could be done with patience and basic power tools and files.

Russ Knight

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That's the kit for an M35 or M809 cab, but it has all the parts you would need to attach the 2 passenger mounts. In an M35 cab, it uses the L bracket to hold them both near the center of the cab. The M939 mounts them both to the flat surface of the dash and doesn't use that bracket. The M939 also mounts a third one to the inside of the driver's door, which you don't have parts for in the kit you bought.
View attachment 833047

As with many things on these trucks, I'm sure you could do it your own way or make the L bracket work in your M925A2 if you were so inclined.

I'm attaching a couple pictures I took of the instructions that came with my M939 kit that show where the two passenger side mounts 'officially' go, if you want to go that route. I'm not sure if they will attach with good enough resolution for you to see the measurements. If not, send me your email address by PM and I can send you the higher resolution version. It's still a copy of a copy and very grainy but it was good enough for me to read.
View attachment 833048
View attachment 833049
Thank you sir! If I can't figure it out, I'll hit you up.

Russ Knight

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Iv got a mount out of a ch-47 for the cockpit. Its made for an m4, but i was able to fit my ar in it, even though it was a very tight fit. Ill see about getting some pics of it, if i can find it tomorrow. My plan was to take my center seat/console out of my ram p/u and mount it on the floor, along with fabbing up a mount for my shotgun, and install some ammo cans for storage and extra mags.

The base will be easy to lengthen and build more, but the latch system, will require some extra time, and for a cleanerlook, machining, but it could be done with patience and basic power tools and files.
Thank you Charles. Regarding the parts, I've been stuck at the store all week due to an employee being out and haven't been able to get to the bank yet.

charlesmann

There is no p/n, it is a proto-type mount but something of similar design could be made.

EEB8B647-8957-484B-B74D-412C12498E10.jpegC1C8F94D-DF58-41ED-B705-3D6ECA08414C.jpegF28A4A7C-19F5-48C5-8C52-CD1324ED7FE6.jpegA0F86893-9606-4349-A3F7-A70EE3FC24EF.jpeg6B603D08-F923-4565-AA4B-C0506DE0BB18.jpeg0958AE50-FCF6-4497-8928-CF67F35BC89D.jpegC8537254-9EC4-4303-9B76-D8AFBC6757B8.jpeg

@Russ Knight no worries. Ill package them up and my wife will ship them out since i have to head to work sun for offload of our 4 47s off the boat and a 2 day ferry flight to cali.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks