• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Road Trip form Pinesville LA to Spokane WA Help requested

davidkroberts

Glad you made it back without too many issues. Ditto on the air tool trick im always open to learning something new.

Oh and just to get it done before someone else does.... this is a recovery thread .....:-D

nopics

eldgenb

my transmission had some sticky valves in the valve body, like 7th and 8th were the same gear as well as 10th and 11th. Also 13th would hesitate and then violently downshift two gears so Soni told me to add air tool oil to the supply air fitting of the transmission and let it work its way down to lubricate and free up the valves. Worked great. I will post some pics, the weather here is horrible and I am in the middle of a teardown on the truck and a custom build, I will post progress photo's and finished photo's when its done.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks