• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Rockcrawlerboy looking for Wrecker parts

citizensoldier

Well he is a friend of mine and just bought a wrecker fixer upper. He will be looking for some parts. He is at work and I am home today so I thought I would post his first list. If anyone has some of this for sale or knows where I can find it contact me or him.
It will need allot of Love but he can do it and will with my help and Dave P.It runs very good and the crane works well. Soon to be more lawn art in my yard but thats ok I love these trucks.
Driver/passenger doors with windows
Inner/outer windshield frame
Cab bows
Hood
Front bumper
Front winch with winder/spooler
Front winch-pto shaft
Front turn/marker lights (perferably LED)
Rear brake/turn lamps (perferably LED)
Air cleaner (perferably of an 800 series)
Front wiring harness
Gauges (all, if you see a tachograph let me know i want one (( like Daves))
Dash switches
Parking brake cabel
Passenger fuel tank
Rear stabbalizer bars (crane to bed)
Rear stabalizer pad (one)
Crane Hook pulley
Exahust stack
Marker lights
Reflectors
Rear shackles
Grill gaurd
Hood latches
Head lights (complete with buckets)
Mirrors (west coast style)
Turn signal flasher
Voltage regulator

And whatever else i can find ill let you know

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
RE: M543A2

I have a couple deuce parts if you need them - I know I have a light bucket and a front lifting shackle, maybe more.

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
If you can find the thread "Yaller wrecker for sale" check it out.
You can get the whole vehicle for $2400.00.
You just have to get it back to "the Land of Northern Aggression".
It was still up there (northeast Alabama) as of last Thursday.

I want it but it's a gasser and I need a wrecker like a pig needs an umbrella.

If you are interested PM me and I'll send you contact info.

JDToumanian

I think you need to add to the list!!!
Heh heh, I thought the same thing... But I agree it's savable, and I love a fixer-upper. It runs, drives, and the crane works! Besides, the scavenger hunt for parts at MV boneyards is half the fun!

Jon

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I need a tetanus shot just looking at it. Why is the driver wearing a motocross helmet? If the truck rolls, that will provided VERY limited skull protection. Getting a hard top would help. But not much.

Looks like an interesting project. Cheap for a wrecker, but lots o TLC needed.

citizensoldier

Crazy kid!!

Well the helmet was to stay warm.. I suppose the windchill at 50MPH that day was below zero. I asked him why a motocross helmet instead of a snowmomile helmet?? He had no reply..
I just laughed and asked him if he was the guy that would show bring a knife to a gun fight?? :lol:
It was a long trip following him for two hours in a deuce with people pointing and laughing. Lots of fun too!!
The best was when we stopped and filled it up. We had to cut the exhaust so it was shooting straight out. It filled a nice red jeep wagoneer with smoke as it idled.. He he he...
Todays youth..What do ya do?? Just hope they get it right sooner or later.. :shock:

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
To save time and money I would jack that thing up and run a complete one up under it. :idea: :D

That being said I guess it would be fun to scavenge for parts and put the beast back together. 8)

I have too short an attention span and too little masochist in me to tackle a project like that. aua

Good hunting and good luck.

citizensoldier

Man!! Wow I dont feel any love in this crowd... Its not as bad as it looks.. Both fenders are straight. Mostly cosmetics and allot of sand blasting... I will have to post a before and after... She is not that bad... Seen many a WWII truck in worse shape brought back to tip top condition... Come on guys support the kid he has the energy to fix her...

JDToumanian

Man!! Wow I don't feel any love in this crowd... Its not as bad as it looks.
A new front bumper, headlights, attaching the hood, and putting on a cab top would go a long way in the cosmetics department. I definitely see the potential, (to my girlfriend's dismay I always do), when you overlook the rust (which appears to be mostly surface rust) and missing parts, what you have there is a good solid wrecker that works. I'd love to have one like it, preferably here on the west coast or southwest so I don't have to pay $2000-$3000 for shipping. Have towbar. Will drag home.

Put $3000 into that wrecker and you could probably buy every part you need to fix it up real nice including paint!

Good luck, keep us posted...

Regards,
Jon

reblawyer

Hell, all that there truck needs is some head lights and he'll be good ta go :driver: . I like it just like it is, lets face it guys in the view of most folks out there painting our behemoth's (wife's words) is like putting lipstick on a pig!!! :grd:

timntrucks

Steel Soldiers Supporter
now that is a love truck. i looked forever for a wrecker to fix up, after 2 years i gave in an bought one in somewhat great shape. i cant help him much but ill be looking at the progress. reblawyer im not to far about 38 miles west of slidell, where is the wreker located at, around you?

OpieNoTool

Re: Crazy kid!!

citizensoldier said:
Well the helmet was to stay warm.. I suppose the windchill at 50MPH that day was below zero. I asked him why a motocross helmet instead of a snowmomile helmet?? He had no reply..
I just laughed and asked him if he was the guy that would show bring a knife to a gun fight?? :lol:
It was a long trip following him for two hours in a deuce with people pointing and laughing. Lots of fun too!!
The best was when we stopped and filled it up. We had to cut the exhaust so it was shooting straight out. It filled a nice red jeep wagoneer with smoke as it idled.. He he he...
Todays youth..What do ya do?? Just hope they get it right sooner or later.. :shock:
HAHAHA If only i could have had a camara to take a picture of everyones faces as they drove by, it was deffinatly a site to see. The helmet wasn't for protection in case of a roll over. It was incase i had to jump, so i dint bounce my gourd of the road thus the reason for no doors :D , it kinda also helped my face from getting cold. Did i mention the day before (saturday) i worked 7 hours plowing 6-8 inches of snow. so as you can imagine it was kinda cold at 55 mph with no winshield or doors. The truck is rough but i have big plans for it, and im collecting parts as we speak. Myself and citizen soldier will keep everyone updated with pics as soon as i figure out how to post them :( . Most off the work won't begin untill spring becase id like to det everything sandblasted and primed first.