• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Rockcrawlerboy looking for Wrecker parts

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
RE: Re: Crazy kid!!

All y'all might think I'm crazy but I like it just as it is. It moves, stops, lifts and carries. Thats more than a lot of really nice looking MVs can do. Hell, it's even road worthy aside from missing a few things the law requires. You could piece that back together for very little money if you take your time. You say the fenders are decent? The grill can be blasted. Most all the other sheet metal, lights and small parts are the same as a deuce so you can find that suff lots of places. There's got to be some members up there in the Woverine parting out some deuces. Hell, bad doors are better than no doors ( in Michigan anyway). Keep it rollin and keep it liftin.

citizensoldier

I agree

Thanks for the good words. Parts are starting to show up . I have been digging for the kid..
Having trouble finding a good hood for it. Keep coming accross 800 series hoods. Not many multifuel 5 tons laying around here.
Are the fenders the same on a 800 series? I know the nose is longer but just what did they change for that cummins engine? Is it a totaly different frame in the front or mostly in the sheet metal?

Iron Mike

There is a "Hook" Deuce for sale at a local museum by the owner.
If you want to email me with your number,
I will drive 30miles out there and get the specifics and phone number for you.
Hoo-Ah?

OpieNoTool

Iron Mike said:
There is a "Hook" Deuce for sale at a local museum by the owner.
If you want to email me with your number,
I will drive 30miles out there and get the specifics and phone number for you.
Hoo-Ah?
is it the hook off the crane? i have the Block/hook but i need the pulley some one robbed it off of it.

GIJoeCzar

Steel Soldiers Supporter

poppop

To bad you are so far away. A metal salvage yard close to me here in Ga probably has most of what you need. My M543 wrecker was also missing windshields, but the frame was there, doors, cab bows, and both winches, and headlights. I got doors from Rdixiemiller, headlight rings from BFR yesterday, windshield frames from local salvage yard and new glass at local glass shop. Soft top and cab bows and rear winch on e-bay. All I need now to complete it is the front winch and the local yard has it, I just haven't picked it up yet. I'll see if I can get a picture up.

OpieNoTool

Cool thanks look forward to pics. Joe i will get with you and tell you what i need i will definatly need some brake parts most of all wheel cylinders and some axel seals. Im going to be getting some parts this weekend from a guy close to here and i should be able to get most of the sheet metal parts. Ill post an updated list of what i need after that.