• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Rocwell W/CTIS

sermis

I found a rockwell axel at a salvage wholsale company. It is used but in a wooden crate. Has a rebuild service tag but did not get the info from it. Too dark for PIC's in the wearhouse. It looks like a deuce axel. Has 6 lug pattern. It also has a CTIS inflation system. What would the axel have been on?
They want $200 for it.

40grit

CTIS alone should be worth more than $200.
worth way more than $200 if it's a front...
get it and sell it like mudlord says if you don't need it...

bottleworks

emmado22 said:
There is no CTIS kit, nor dual brake kit. They are factory installed stuff only.
Both systems came on the M35A3. It's my understanding that A3's are rebuilds of A2's, not a factory produced product.

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
There is no "add on kit" you can requistion and add CTIS or dual brakes to a M35A2..

Where do you think they rebuilt the A2's into A3's? AMG's factory.

M1075

It might be worth $200 if someone has an A3 and needs CTIS parts. Since they are few and far between in private hands, it might be a risky proposition. Rear axles are usually pretty cheap.

wbdodgeiv

Having never looked at the CTIS system up close, can take off parts be used to put CTIS on a normal A2? I would like to get air to the wheels not to inflate the tires but to shift an unlocker.

flyxpl

Having never looked at the CTIS system up close, can take off parts be used to put CTIS on a normal A2? I would like to get air to the wheels not to inflate the tires but to shift an unlocker.
It would be much more simple to just tap into the existing air on the truck and use a switch and a seliniod to activate a locker .

wehring

I have one...

I have an m35a3 axle with ctis for sale. Check the sale section for "wehrings red ass sale"
it came off of an exc cond a3 that I bobbed.

Justin wehrings
979 997 3112

trukhead

That rear axle...

I oculd use that rear axle. I was going to install rockwells under a m1008 and to get the rear and wheels and ctis I was going to buy and bob an m35a3 and swipe the spare wheel from my m35a3 and the bob spare wheel. so ....

:jumpin: aua:hammer: