• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Rod Hall suspension

Superhondaz50

Wondering if anyone here has some detailed pics of the Rod Hall suspension setup? Measurements would also be great. I need more suspension compliance when going over washboard here in the desert. Currently the M1038 suspension is unbearable and feels like the truck is going to rattle itself to death. Might as well be offroading in a Honda Civic haha

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Rod Hall is just a nitrogen charged shock in addition to the stock one. No additional travel. Spring rate is unchanged I believe. The GMVs are set up for very heavy ammunition and fuel loads.

SEE POST#13. above is incorrect.

Last edited:

Superhondaz50

Rod Hall is just a nitrogen charged shock in addition to the stock one. No additional travel. Spring rate is unchanged I believe. The GMVs are set up for very heavy ammunition and fuel loads.
Ok gotcha, I want to get something with a different rate. I don't care about increasing travel,just want better compliance going through washboard, would like to be able to go through with some speed I stead of 5mph.

Awol

I always thought it be cool to get some custom soft springs made, and pair them up with some good shocks.

I'd bet you could get the ride softer without turning it into a waterbed.

Crapgame

There are some Fox Remote Reservoir Expanded Capacity Nitrogen charged shocks on the market that are not priced too badly. But the big money is going to be in the attachment hardware. There are machined barstock brackets as well as welded plate brackets welded to the A Arms. The front are coil-over with the remote reservoir bolted to the top of the spring perch. But the rear A Arms are highly modified with the machined brackets and welded plate lower mounts. I have the drawings and part numbers for them, you can probably order them direct from Rod Hall Racing.

Crapgame

Part of the military set up was also different sway bars probably to stiffen travel I suspect .
I know the front steering arm is a massive custom part from Moog, its even bigger than the M1165/M1152 steering arm. I haven't looked close enough to see if there is a mfg part number on them.

chrisross

Predator made some long travel kits like this, with new arms and all. Very expensive and it doesn't sound like they even made 10 of them. I'd really like some part that I can just order for attaching remote reservoir Fox shocks

chrisross

The standard Rod Hall 13" long travel kit:

4) 3.0 Internal Bypass remote reservoir shocks
4) lower shock mounts
4) Reservoir Mounts
4) Raised Springs Seats
4) Long Travel Coils

Superhondaz50

Predator made some long travel kits like this, with new arms and all. Very expensive and it doesn't sound like they even made 10 of them. I'd really like some part that I can just order for attaching remote reservoir Fox shocks
Those are stupid expensive. I don't know who'd buy one. I could build a long travel F100 for the price of that kit haha

Superhondaz50

The standard Rod Hall 13" long travel kit:

4) 3.0 Internal Bypass remote reservoir shocks
4) lower shock mounts
4) Reservoir Mounts
4) Raised Springs Seats
4) Long Travel Coils
Does it really increase travel to 13"? If so that's approaching mid travel territory. I wonder what size coilovers are on there?

LouWon

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I also updated my suspension with little or no drama
American Humvee Coils $1,200.00
Cepek GT Shocks $1,700.00, adjustable on the fly
This is the original post
Humvee shock absorber and spring options?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks