• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Rod knock

Jesse6325

Some more videos of the Deuce running

The first video is of the deuce running about 800 RPM right after the low air buzzer shut off and the second one is after about a 10 mile drive. Engine is at 170F.
One thing interesting, My idle fell from 800/900 RPM to 500/600 so I am going to have to turn that up.
Other than that she runs and drives great. Trans is noisy though.
View attachment Post filter warm up.wmv
View attachment Post filter operating temp.wmv

Jesse6325

Plym,, The only U joint that has any slop in it right now is the one coming out of the transfer case to the front axle on the transfer case side,,, I do spend almost as much time under her as I do driving her,, Hehe,, People tend to leave you alone when youre under a truck,,, Don't want to get handed a greasy nasty part,,,,

plym49

Plym,, The only U joint that has any slop in it right now is the one coming out of the transfer case to the front axle on the transfer case side,,, I do spend almost as much time under her as I do driving her,, Hehe,, People tend to leave you alone when youre under a truck,,, Don't want to get handed a greasy nasty part,,,,
LOL. Mine were loose on the shaft between the tranny and xfer case. Two good 3/4" wrenches tightened them. I am due to check them again.

glcaines

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Derby, Yes I just dumped my used oil in the fuel tank, I had about 20 gallons of diesel in there to start with and chased it with another 10 gallons. Then drove about 15 miles and topped it off with another 20. I was planning on my filters plugging up when I did this though. I just hadn't expected it to make that horrible knocking noise.
I had bee into the inspection plate the same day I changed the oil to grease the bearing and hadn't seen anything unusual then, Those scratches on the pressure plate are new to me.
Dumping unfiltered WMO in your tank is absolutely not the thing to do. Not only will you plug up your filters, but you will shorten the life of the IP. WMO needs to be filtered very well before using.

Jesse6325

I sorta figured that one out Glcaines, Aint nothing like doing something stupid to increase ones education.:???: On a side note, I went to adjust my idle speed yesterday evening and found that my idle adjust screw is bent,,,, Oh well, At least I'll always have something to work on and keep myself occupied.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks