• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Rust Oleum Or Krylon

mcmullag

3 color woodland camo

I did my first deuce in Krylon paints; black, brown and green and it looked pretty good.
I did my second truck in colors from RAPCO and it looks official, the colors are the real thing. I learned from BULLDOGMACK13 about this stuff and he helped me detail mine out.... his advice and I used it and am very pleased with my 3 color woodland camo scheme.... Use the 383 brown and 383 green from Rapco, and for a better black than their's use the flat black from Rustoleum in the tall silver spray can at Loewe's. Best of luck to ya! :beer:

Attachments

KsM715

This is krylon "fusion" OD camo. When (or if) I get around to doing the M818 it will be with Rapco so it will look more original.

*edit* No its not for sale anymore. Its been sold. (I really need to edit that number out of that pic)

Attachments

DeucesWild11

I suppose it's all in your taste and what color/pattern you want to do. I myself wanted camo but the wifey compromise was a sold color that didn't involve green/army color. I went with Rustoleum flat black but after a few months it has started to chalk. Not bashing the company, I actually just put in a question to them online and I believe I may have thinned it out too much before putting through the paint sprayer. They recommend Acetone to thin out no more than 15% per quart, I think I did too much and used a generic paint thinner or mineral spirits. This should apply to any enamel they supply so incase you plan on using a paint sprayer vs. rattle can. Hope this can help you out..:beer:

big hoss

I went to walmart and cleared out the rust Oleum camo paint, i grabed all the tan. It seams to be working good so far

digitaldust

I'm painting the M1009 Its base is 383 ish green and newer. I wondered about the 2 main brands at the local shops. and Kahki does not seem to get used with Green and black. So. I might be painting two times :)

MatthewH

I just went through this trying to find a brown similar to the one used in 383 color scheme. After going to all the super centers and building centers, I have yet to find a brown that was anywhere close to the Gilliespie brown.

I settled on a Rustolium Flat Brown I found at the local farm store, and it seems to be the best look/fit, even with the 686 tan.

Good luck, but you may have to settle on a close brown, unless you order Gilliespie

Attachments

196thprober

I just went through this trying to find a brown similar to the one used in 383 color scheme. After going to all the super centers and building centers, I have yet to find a brown that was anywhere close to the Gilliespie brown.

I settled on a Rustolium Flat Brown I found at the local farm store, and it seems to be the best look/fit, even with the 686 tan.

Good luck, but you may have to settle on a close brown, unless you order Gilliespie

That thing is NICE!