• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Rusty crusty wrecker recovery

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Be sure your up to date on your tetanus shots.

Glad you got it!

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
I thought that wrecker looked familiar......the last time I saw it it was on a hook headed for the scrap yard...how it got from AL to up there I don't know.

If you really want an M36 there are some near me that were hand picked from another location and will be for sale soon.

Since I pimped off the M915 I may have to get one for myself.

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
JW, I might, then I can have two equally crappy wreckers! lol Seriously, I've been thinking about it, but for what Peck wants for it, I could throw at one of the M936's coming out of MS and possibly get one.

I might have a deal worked out for either a complete set of body panels, or a whole m62 to put the wrecker bed on. Details to follow when I get back in touch with the owner.

jwaller

JW, I might, then I can have two equally crappy wreckers! lol Seriously, I've been thinking about it, but for what Peck wants for it, I could throw at one of the M936's coming out of MS and possibly get one.

I might have a deal worked out for either a complete set of body panels, or a whole m62 to put the wrecker bed on. Details to follow when I get back in touch with the owner.
ok well john is kinda planning on you buying it so if your not going to go thru with the deal then you need to call him and let him know.

vtdeucedriver

First viewed the pics from my phone and it did not do the wrecker any justice. I am glad I waited to get home and use the computer.:popcorn:

joeM62

What does the M62 you are talking about look condition wise and where would it be located might have to get another.

neilhendrix

In Memorial
In Memorial
WOW What a great big Christmas present ,,, well uuhhh what ever. Good luck on getting IT home. I refuse to hold my breath that long. I will however pray for you. Over and over and over ,anyway have fun. :whistle:

EMD567

Driver for the Ga Mafia
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I guess you have already resigned yourself into being called up for duty eh John?
Yes. I am sorta responsable for Ferro buying the crusty wrecker, as I called him and told him about it(It's fun to spend other peoples money). ALso, he up and went 800 miles one way to help me with my M814, so .... wait, didn't I just trot off 1200 miles to recover his new flatbed trl? Maybe we are even?

Plus I like watching Adam get torqued working on stuff- it's scary when he starts to throw wrenches.....aua

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
I could throw at one of the M936's coming out of MS and possibly get one.
A lot of those wreckers have serious issues and have been sitting a long time.....unless you go down and preview I would be very careful about jumping on one of them.

Scrap value is around 3600 but I have intell that some of them sold for a lot less on the last closed bid sale.

Chief_919

A trick I have learned when dealing with the recoveries for stuff that has been sitting a long time is to take a boat gas tank with a 12v electric pump hooked to it.

That way you can bypass all the stock fuel system up to the injection pump or carburetor. No worries about dirty fuel or such.

bigugh20

A trick I have learned when dealing with the recoveries for stuff that has been sitting a long time is to take a boat gas tank with a 12v electric pump hooked to it.

That way you can bypass all the stock fuel system up to the injection pump or carburetor. No worries about dirty fuel or such.
That would've been a great trick to have in the bag. The fuel lines are in bad shape, (where's all that diesel coming from?). Would've saved us some time and aggravation for sure. When they go back to load the truck up Ferro is taking a Jerry can with a generator feed attachment, that should work also.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks