• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

S-250 Shelter Power Receptical Question

dtdoyle01

I am trying to figure out what voltage these receptical require. I know the far one on the right is the 220 output to the 220 input on the front mounted AC unit. I'm tring to figure out what the others are for. I need to figure out which one I can set up to connect to my generator. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

rosco

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Do you have the mating plugs for them? That can be a challenge - find the other end. Conventional plugs offer more options, and the potiential to help with the generator, in other applications.

dtdoyle01

I found the mating plugs for the large connector and the three pin connector. I already have the cable that goes in the 220 output on the far right for the AC. My problem is I need to know which one is the 220 input, and if anyone has any insight on converting the other side for a conventional generator.

glassk

5935-01-413-4953.jpg10-072624-79S plug.jpg

I gave 3D angus some of these plugs, they are for 208 Three phase, I would find the TM and make sure , just my two cents

dtdoyle01

glassk,
I guess that is the one I need to buy. I am trying to use the existing wiring and breaker panels for the system I currently installed. I wonder if I can modify the other end for a standard generator. Can you send me a copy of the TM you have. If you don't have an electronic copy, please send me the TM number. I can't find a TM for the configuaration of this shelter. Anything would help.
Thanks

dtdoyle01

Roveroverme,

I purchased the M1028 with the shelter installed from Government Liquidators in April for $7200 including the tax and 10% charge. The truck is an 84 and has only 7700 miles on it.

dtdoyle01

Just did a 2 inch lift, new tires and rims, front and rear driveshafts (front was missing and rear was bent) restored the interior and added A/C, need it here in the desert. The shelter has a 30 foot telescoping boom on it. We added a single bunk and installed two racks of equipment for a surveillance system. I will post photos once I finished putting it all together. Still need to do exhaust work, pipes were cut off after the mufflers. Looking for an aircraft seat from a military plane for sitting behind the console. Should be able to find one out here, lots of aircraft graveyards. Did a little engine work as well and a few mods.

glassk

glassk,
I guess that is the one I need to buy. I am trying to use the existing wiring and breaker panels for the system I currently installed. I wonder if I can modify the other end for a standard generator. Can you send me a copy of the TM you have. If you don't have an electronic copy, please send me the TM number. I can't find a TM for the configuaration of this shelter. Anything would help.
Thanks

I gave three to 3D Angus, Might PM him and see if he has the TM or info on the AC units, He might be tied up this weekend, I just saw the connector he was asking about and had the ends,

dtdoyle01

glassk

Thanks for the TM's. I have these two plus the A/C TM and none of them address the power distribution. I think I will try to work backwards and locate TM's on the different military gen sets. Maybe I can figure it out by the gen set outputs. I'm also going to spend alot of time tracing wires in the distribution boxes.

3dAngus

The 5 pin connectors are for three phase power. With most Air Conditioners, you use pins A, B, C, and E. Neutral is not used, so you want to be sure to use an earth ground.
'
Find the tech manual for your own personal air conditioner and be sure of the specific wiring requirements. Trust no one with this potentially life threatning job. I do have one spare. Not sure if it is the one you want. I will PM you on it.

rmgill

I think those are IEC 309 type pin and sleeve connectors. 5 pins for here phases plus ground and neutral. They should be a standard type in face and come in a lot of splash and water proof versions.

rmgill

I use pin and sleeve connectors for my 60 amp gear at work in my data center under floor areas. The pin and sleeve suture is rated for up to 125 amps on the large stuff and is quite good. Hubbel, Levittown and other electrical supply manufacturers make this stuff. You should be able to search for the details on the spec.

ke5eua

The two identical connectors are for piggy backing shelters when you don't have a distribution box or want cleaner cabling. Take the cover off the inside panel and they should be connected to each other.

Can't piggy to many off each other, mainly for field ops, use one 15k hook up to your main one and piggy the others. 220 3 phase

You will find this on some electronic shelters and vans.