• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

S250 Shelter heater??

Irv

I have a S250 and would like to find out what heater was/is used in it. Where can I find one? I think it would be a liquid fuel heater. Thanks.

Irv

Mark Blair kindly provided me with some pictures. Apparently, they had two heaters in them. One was electric and the other was diesel. One sat to each side of the door. I'm looking for the diesel one.

Irv

S-250 shelter heater: modern style

After looking high and low for the correct heater, I settled on a non-mil unit that works great and is safe to use. The mil unit runs on diesel for heat and electricity for operating the fan to push the air out. Ok, but the electricity circuit they specify is 24V @ 15A or so. That's 360 watts, which is hard to find when you're parked and the engine is off. There are two manufacturers of propane heaters that have low oxygen shutoff valves built in. They claim that the this allows them to be used in confined spaces indoors. Propane burns very efficiently with virtually no carbon monoxide emissions up and until it consumes a significant amount of oxygen. At that point, it can no longer operate efficiently and only then begins to produce significant amounts of carbon monoxide. It shuts itself down at that point. Two manufacturers make these: Dyna-Glo and Mr. Heater. About $75. Runs for 3.5 hours on a 1 pound cannister. Just an FYI for people wanting to get heat in those shelters.
The low oxygen shutdown valve is sensitive enough that it will literally prevent the heater from operating at elevations over 5000 feet because of the lower oxygen up there.

rboltz

Steel Soldiers Supporter
My '142 also has both heaters, one on each side of the door. I am also looking for either a fuel heater or parts for the one I have. It sat for years, I assume, with fuel in it and got gummed up. I need a fuel pump and the control module for the TK-15 heater. What else, I don't know. m38inmaine, looks like you need the SWR/Power (ME-165) meter for your 142. I have many.

dedgar301

My '142 also has both heaters, one on each side of the door. I am also looking for either a fuel heater or parts for the one I have. It sat for years, I assume, with fuel in it and got gummed up. I need a fuel pump and the control module for the TK-15 heater. What else, I don't know. m38inmaine, looks like you need the SWR/Power (ME-165) meter for your 142. I have many.
Did I see your vehicle in this year's York Halloween parade?

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
S-250 I got had a small A/C unit in it, 9,000 BTU. But it also has the heat strip in it to make it warm inside. However, with all the electronics that were crammed in there originally, a heater would be the last thing that was needed.

citizensoldier

I just cleaned and installed a heater like m38main has pictured in my S250 shelter.. It ran fine and then sputtered out. I took it apart again thinking some more gunk came loose and found that the float is fuel logged.. Anybody know where or if there are any parts available for these? Its a 110v multifuel heater.

citizensoldier

I need the small brass float for it.. I am going to try and save my float but if you have one that would be great. So far that's all I think is wrong with it. Them little buggers throw some heat! But they also sound like a freight train! Very loud! Do the all electric ones bolt right in the corner like the multi/110/24 volt ones do? I am building my traveling gnome home..
Any extra air conditioners? Now that would be great for this summer.. Whew its been a hot one.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Getting ready to leave now. The trailer legs will be at the mid-ohio show. I think 319 Eric will be grabbing them from Kipman.

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Lane,
I will probably pull the GI unit out of mine. It had R-22 refrigerant in it, but was drained before sale. 9000BTU unit that is too much for a camper as well as they are insulated, but was nice when all the electronics were in it. Gimpy could pick it up at the GA rally in Oct. and it would be all the way up to you by spring.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks