• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Salutations from Canada

Stan Leschert

If you want to ride along on Nov 11, PM me. I have a few spare seats in the M135, and several other sweet rides, Dress is buisiness casual, and you can be a spectator. Bring your camera, and arrange for a designated driver (ie, Seabus) to get you back to Kits!

The King Machine

Yup, that will pull Stan out of the ocean.

Green grass, quads loaded, water not frozen and a new truck. This prairie boy is jealous.

Have you got pics of the interior, engine bay, diff shots, transfer case, odometer (measures odo) pics in Stanley Park, by the ocean, in front of 'Charlie don't surf' in white rock, in front of an ocean liner, in the Fraser river, climbing a 60 degree mountain?

Enjoy and thanks for sharing. . . . her . . .
LoL funny guy, I know people that have worked at Charlie dont surf.

Dont eat there!

here some more pics

Attachments

srodocker

welcome aboard! stayed tuned for some of the PNW rallys!!! we have a few mini rallys a year and then a big one during the summer. we have a couple Canadians that drive down and attend!

beautiful truck!

The King Machine

Have been doing some custom work on my truck I`d thought i`d share with you guys. First my battery box mods with kill switch. Then my custom snorkel made from off the shelf home depot parts and a custom intake ontop that i fabbed up along with a clamp $60 in parts i think it looks good. i expect 25% more HP LOL Next i will be over hauling the brake system new MC, rubber lines, brake cyl. etc.

I`ve done alot of reading in regards to the brakes, I don`t have the money to upgrade to a duel circuit system yet. Any input on trouble areas i should pay attention to would be helpful.

Attachments

m1010plowboy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Spring 2012

Well looky there. It's been a while since they let me go shopping so I have not seen that funky shut-off switch before.

How much and where'd you get it?

Looks like a KEYED switch......I must have one. I'll take an interlook for them, very cool.

Are you planning to take it in the water????

The intake is very practical with the Fernco Fittings and poly pipe. How would
you test it for leaks prior to actual deep water application??

You're in one of the most beautiful places on the planet......can't wait to see
more 'offroad' pics.

I wish I could help with the brake system.......but I'd be more helpful re-packing bearings after you take it swimming........which must be done. Make sure we all
get an invite.:)

Good to see her again.

The King Machine

Well the switch is a marine grade kill switch. I was looking for a key style as opposed to just a switch. The problem with this set up is the space between the door and battery box when the door is shut. It was hitting the key, when closed. So I added a spacer to move the switch back into the box further. If you look at the first two pics you can see this, also on the inside of the door I notched the stiffner rib so the key would fit into a slot when the door is closed, thus locking the key in the on position, as I was worried about vibrations knocking the key to the off position while driving. The snorkel is good to go, as far as leaks go, I'm more worried about the stock air box more so than the pipe and rubber.

I mounted the snorkel because I'm just one of those guys that likes to be prepared for anything I may encounter off road. Just to be clear I will take her swimming one time, but will avoid river crossings if I can, for the reasons you stated. I do use the truck, I drive it to work I collect fire would and I haul trash with it. It's my truck, and it's found a good home.

heres a link to one of my redneck films, after the quad stuff the M35a2 gets some time of the silver screen.
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BYpCToLmjoY&context=C4e3d640ADvjVQa1PpcFOw2D1zlPPxYHLeUIQStN3dM9-g-ihjM7Y=[/media]

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks