• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Same truck sells and then is relisted week after week

Landbarger

There's a chassis trailer that's already sold twice on GP and is listed again currently. Same photos. IIRC it sold low once ($425), then high recently ($975), and is once again listed with a low starting point. Also odd: it has an EUC requirement now that it didn't before.

I don't want to give item details since it's currently up for auction. Hopefully this has been generic enough not to violate the auction notification rules.

Gunzy

I had the same thing happen to me on an 85-100 laundry trailer. I was out bid only to see it back 2 weeks later. I got told is was listed wrong, whatever that means. The next time it sold for double the first time. I guess that's one way to get the price up.

Jwade

Supporting Vendor
There's a chassis trailer that's already sold twice on GP and is listed again currently. Same photos. IIRC it sold low once ($425), then high recently ($975), and is once again listed with a low starting point. Also odd: it has an EUC requirement now that it didn't before.

I don't want to give item details since it's currently up for auction. Hopefully this has been generic enough not to violate the auction notification rules.
Give me the first two item numbers. I'll see what happened. Nothing to hide here.

Jwade

Supporting Vendor
I am more than happy to give explanations on any item relisted. However, I will refuse to entertain any suggestions of straw/shill bidding. Its absolutely ridiculous this isnt your buddy on ebay selling items and say hey go bid this up for me. We are selling for a government agency whose contract we are not willing to put at risk. We market well and have a large buyer base. When you sell as many items as we do. It's inevitable people are going to default. Which means as long as the item hasn't left our control we will use the same inspection report. Of course you all notice when something sells for more but there are just as many if not more examples of something selling for less that of course nobody "seems" to notice those.

fuzzytoaster

Steel Soldiers Supporter
View attachment 614429

I bid on it the first auction also. The truck shows sold at the opening bid, with a total of two bids placed.
685616 was won by a well known steel soldiers member, there was a glitch where it showed he had been outbid which he sent a screen shot of and he went ahead and bought another vehicle so we Returned it. When it was relisted as 711353 it was sold and the buyer defaulted. It resold yesterday as 713911.

Jwade speaks the truth on this one. I was bidding on this truck, put in start bid and I was outbid instantly. I noticed the price still at $1500 but 2 bids placed so I took a screenshot just to be safe. Low and behold I got a winning notification which was confusing. I talked to GP with a screen shot and they relisted it. I can't speak on the second relisting of the truck but I've had this exact same issue when bidding on a truck in kansas once. I've posted my screen shot that I sent to GP below. Crazy stuff! :cookoo:

Attachments

Tinwoodsman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I am more than happy to give explanations on any item relisted. However, I will refuse to entertain any suggestions of straw/shill bidding. Its absolutely ridiculous this isnt your buddy on ebay selling items and say hey go bid this up for me. We are selling for a government agency whose contract we are not willing to put at risk. We market well and have a large buyer base. When you sell as many items as we do. It's inevitable people are going to default. Which means as long as the item hasn't left our control we will use the same inspection report. Of course you all notice when something sells for more but there are just as many if not more examples of something selling for less that of course nobody "seems" to notice those.
How about providing a "Cancelled Purchase" explanation on a relisted item. Seems to me that would close this type of issue.

Landbarger

Nothing to hide here.
Didn't intend to suggest there was. I figured there is a lot that could go awry with normal online bidders, much less when also dealing with DoD/DRMO regs and bureaucracy. Case in point: the fact that it has an EUC now makes it seem like powers other than those at GP have been involved in the hiccups. (I imagine GP would rather sell everything without EUCs since that would probably up the selling price and thus your commission.)

I PM'd you the current item number though.

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I certainly didn't mean to accuse GP of straw buyers just demonstrating what it looked like. I can see people signing up and bidding just to screw things up but was frustrated that it kept happening to trucks I was bidding on. Here is an example of one of the trucks.

650050, 713135

And just to give you an idea of some people's thinking, I assumed the original buyer showed up and found something so wrong with the truck they decided not to take it and defaulted. I know that's pushing the boundaries of logic but that's the least scary thing rolling around inside my head.

Last edited:

Jwade

Supporting Vendor
I certainly didn't mean to accuse GP of straw buyers just demonstrating what it looked like. I can see people signing up and bidding just to screw things up but was frustrated that it kept happening to trucks I was bidding on. Here is an example of one of the trucks.

650050, 713135

And just to give you an idea of some people's thinking, I assumed the original buyer showed up and found something so wrong with the truck they decided not to take it and defaulted. I know that's pushing the boundaries of logic but that's the least scary thing rolling around inside my head.
I am sure some people get on and do that but they won't do it more than once. I think you guys would be amazed at the type of data activity we get when you are on the website.

Jwade

Supporting Vendor
Didn't intend to suggest there was. I figured there is a lot that could go awry with normal online bidders, much less when also dealing with DoD/DRMO regs and bureaucracy. Case in point: the fact that it has an EUC now makes it seem like powers other than those at GP have been involved in the hiccups. (I imagine GP would rather sell everything without EUCs since that would probably up the selling price and thus your commission.)

I PM'd you the current item number though.
I appreciate you clarifying! I would go as far to say that if anyone wanted to see the operation behind an auction and in the FTW area hit me up make an appt we are more than happy to show you what we do and what it looks like. I think at times people think we are a couple of guys in a basement.

DanM7890

I appreciate you clarifying! I would go as far to say that if anyone wanted to see the operation behind an auction and in the FTW area hit me up make an appt we are more than happy to show you what we do and what it looks like. I think at times people think we are a couple of guys in a basement.
I was thinking more like you were too busy swimming in the money/partying to worry about us. rofl

maxresdefault.jpg

Jwade

Supporting Vendor

650050, 713135

650050- sold on 02/24 and was defaulted on 03/15/16
it then sold as 713135 on 03/23

gunboy1656

I really think you should start a post with all the excuses as to why people back out of auctions without naming names obviously. Bet it would get a lot of attention.

Daybreak

2 Star Admiral
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Howdy,
You know we all live in the digital age.

nopics

Take your phone and maybe take 4 general pictures of your ops.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks