• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

San Antonio, TX Monthly MV get together!!

Had a good time last night. A pretty good showing of people, not the best night for an event, but we had a good time.

For anyone interested there is a Military Collectors expo on Saturday up in Schertz.

509 Schertz Parkway
Schertz, TX 78154
0900-1500
$5 Admission

Attachments

Just wanted to keep you informed of a few local events that will be happening in the near future.

-27 MAY 17: Memorial Day Parade in Live Oak, TX. We will be with VFW 4676 (Universal City). Form at VFW at 0800, Parade starts at 1000. Registration form and flyer attached. Please call number on flyer and let them know you are with VFW 4676.

-29 MAY 17: Memorial Day Event Floresville, TX. Form at 0900 at Walmart Parking lot in Floresville, short movement to American Legion at 1000 with police/fire/cars, etc. Short ceremony followed by lunch. Let me know if you can make it. We can all meet before heading to Floresville and convoy there and back.

-10 JUN 17: Audie Murphy Car Show. Audie Murphy VA Hospital 0800-1530. Participant form attached.

-14 JUN 17: Watermelon Festival Parade. Stockdale, TX. Participating with Floresville American Legion. Will form at Stockdale Catholic Church at 0830, parade will follow. We can form earlier and convoy there as well. Let me know if you are interested in this event.

Look forward to seeing you all. We will try and do a Meet and Eat the second weekend of June as well. If there are any questions, please call or PM me.

Mik
951-551-5521

Attachments

Fly-in or Drive-in Aircraft and Car show.
Sponsored by Commemorative Air Force
Commemorative Air Force Central Texas Wing1841 Airport Dr Building 2249, San Marcos, Texas 78666
June 3 1230-1530
Register at: www.classiccarbuysell.com or contact James Ellis at 830-822-4548 or jim.ellis@centraltexaswing.org.

This is a fun event for the entire family and there is no admission charge. Cars from car clubs from Round Rock to San Antonio have been invited to bring their cars to compete for numerous
trophies.

General aviation, experimental, homebuilt, classic, vintage, and war bird aircraft are expected from throughout the central Texas region.

The Central Texas Wing will have their vintage aircraft on static display, as well as offering History flights in these historic planes at various prices. You can select from the B-25 Mitchell Bomber, C-45, U-3A, or the AT-6 Advanced Trainer.

The Tri City Flyers, a radio controlled model airplane club from San Antonio, will be displaying numerous models in the hangar.

Worl...d War II period re-enactors will be setting up and displaying their authentic equipment.

Food vendors and live music will add to the event and our World War II hangar, Museum, and Gift Shop will be open.

The gates officially open at 12:30 pm.

Texas State AFROTC cadets will officially open the event with their color guard presenting the colors at 1:00 pm, playing of the National Anthem, and a war bird flyover.

We have a parade with the Floresville American Legion on Saturday in Stockdale, TX. If anyone is interested we will meet at the Universal City VFW at 0715 and Convoy over to Stockdale (34 Mi). Always fun to get out (when the truck cooperates that is, lol). I will get another group meeting together shortly as well. Ideas and locations are always appreciated.

Ok, lets see if I can get back on track. With all the breakdowns and issues I have let some things slack off. Soooo.... The next meet and Eat will be at the Jim's Restaurant at 7000 N Loop 1604 E, San Antonio, TX 78266 at 1300 (1:00P) on July 8th. Bring your MV if you want, as always Families are welcome. It is a little too hot to hang outside at the Forum so this is a good substitute until it cools down a bit.

We supported a Memorial Day Convoy and Ceremony in Floresville, TX on May 29th with the American Legion. A little rain in the morning, but we had a decent showing. The local Police led off with some Vet Bikers, Classic cars, Local FD and us carrying some elementary school kids. They had a nice ceremony and BBQ after the Convoy.

Attachments

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
As I was leaving Floresville I noticed one of my front radials were cracking. Luckily I found a tire place nearby and had spent some time getting tires changed out (rims/tubes/flaps).

SAFETY NOTE:
It is extremely DANGEROUS to trust any hydraulic jack to hold up a vehicle without BLOCKING beneath the axle or structure to prevent THE LAW OF GRAVITY from crushing you.

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter

SAFETY NOTE:
It is extremely DANGEROUS to trust any hydraulic jack to hold up a vehicle without BLOCKING beneath the axle or structure to prevent THE LAW OF GRAVITY from crushing you.
Good advice but it appears this was the shop doing the work not the owner. Tough to advise "professionals" how to do their job while they're working on your vehicle.

Another Ahab

SAFETY NOTE:
Good advice but it appears this was the shop doing the work not the owner. Tough to advise "professionals" how to do their job while they're working on your vehicle.
My career was in commercial construction, and safety was hammered into us at all levels, consistently and repeatedly.

To the point where you'd notice people being not-so-smart off the job. I wasn't comfortable watching somebody do something that might kill them, or worse, cripple themselves the rest of their life, and not say something.

I'm in the habit now of saying "I'm REAL uncomfortable watching you (do whatever careless thing they were doing), because if something goes wrong you might end up in a heap of hurt, and I'd hate to see you get hurt bad".

I clear my conscience that way. I know what they might not, and at least I'd like to give whoever it is (and however qualified he or she is) the benefit of a second opinion before a possible disaster.

(PS Typically, it's people on ladders. It's almost scary to watch what some people do.)

Last edited:
Wow, been awhile since we updated this. So here are a few shows coming up in our area in the next few months.

-First of all the Floresville, TX Peanut Festival Parade is on OCT 14th at 10am. The American Legion there has always been good to us and any support we give them is always appreciated. Let me know if you are interested in showing up for this event.

- I want to have a local MV get together on OCT 1st 1300 at the Jims on Nacogdoches and 1604. Let me know if you are going to show up

Here are a few car shows in the area:

-Sep 23 8a-4p
9[SUP]th[/SUP] Annual BCSO Open Car Show and NNO Kickoff
Comanche Park, 2600 Rigsby Ave SATX

-SEP 30 9a-2p
2[SUP]nd[/SUP] Annual Loftin Equipment Benefit Car Truck and Bike show
1241 Universal City blvd, Universal City, TX
http://www.southtexascc.com/flyers/loftin%202.jpg

-OCT 7 9a-2p
Open Car Show
1430 Pat Booker Rd. Universal City, TX
http://www.southtexascc.com/flyers/greg%20meuth.jpg

-OCT 14 5-9p
Great Northwest 7[SUP]th[/SUP] Annual Car Show
8809 Timberwilde Dr SATX

-OCT 14 9a-4p
Cibolo Fest Car Show
Cibolo Muni. Complex, S. Main & FM 78 Cibolo, TX
http://www.southtexascc.com/flyers/cibolo%20fest.jpg

-OCT 21 9a-4p
Mesquite Classic Car & Truck Show
Pickrell Park, 703 Oak St Schertz, TX
http://www.southtexascc.com/flyers/mesquite%201.jpg
http://www.southtexascc.com/flyers/mesquite 2.jpg

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Mic,

The BCSO car show, is that a pay only event or will they let us display without being charged or judged?

anjay22

Hello fellas,

I relocated from northwest Houston recently and I now reside in Seguin. Anyone near this area?

Sent from my XT1565 using Tapatalk

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks