• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Sand, prime, paint..

dozer1

How many hours of sanding you suppose you have done on that animal? Looks like some good work of feathering out some bad spots (prob surface rust) and just roughing up the paint to hold the new coat. Nice project. I think its gonna look real good.

srodocker

nice job! thats what i wanted to do to my truck. but ended up realizing i bit off mroe then i can chew hahaha. ended up just painting over the paint that was on there. next spring its getting sanded and repainted. i figured all my exterior mods should be done and put on by then anyways.

mattg2448

nice job! thats what i wanted to do to my truck. but ended up realizing i bit off mroe then i can chew hahaha. ended up just painting over the paint that was on there. next spring its getting sanded and repainted. i figured all my exterior mods should be done and put on by then anyways.
Yepp, I thought that half way through the project, but i just wanted it done!

Update, everything that needs to be taped, is taped. Bought flat black heat paint, did the stack, heat shield, and pretty much just have the tailgate, mud flaps and windshield to prep/sand, and then wipe it down with thinner, then ready for paint.. About one day of primer, and 2 days of paint, i need to Powerwash my troop seats, put them in, bows, tarp, camo. Then finish up with untaping, replace data plates, and i figure shes about done!

mattg2448

Just started priming.. Too bad this isnt the start of the weekend, i could have it painted.. But thats life! Got my paint in, and did the grille, I am loving what i see! Looks awesome!!

Ill get pictures tomorrow!

mattg2448

Well base coat is almost finished, tomorrow I gotta pack everything up, move to the shop, paint the drivers side toolbox, and cab top, and thats thursday, friday, my paint should be in, so i can start the camo!!!
Also, the letters on the door, are wet, im waiting for them to dry, hopefully they dont show up!

Attachments

mattg2448

As you can see in the pictures, there was GL writing that showed up, Just sprayed KILZ on it, and its gone! good stuff, everything is painted, top needs to be placed on, and toolbox, and then camo..

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
GEEZ Matt that's great work. Shall I throw a ticket to ATL for you to fly down and do this work around here? Mine is in dire need of a good clean up and painting. I got the paint. Got 2 CUCVs, a 101 trailer, and a 1061 trailer to boot.

mattg2448

GEEZ Matt that's great work. Shall I throw a ticket to ATL for you to fly down and do this work around here? Mine is in dire need of a good clean up and painting. I got the paint. Got 2 CUCVs, a 101 trailer, and a 1061 trailer to boot.
Hmm.. Sounds tempting! Depending how rusty/banged up, maybe it would be a good idea to drop the trailers off at a sandblasters, that was a very temping option for my truck. Get the right people, and sometimes they even paint, give them primer and paint and they will paint it for ya too! All depends on the amount of body work needed.

mattg2448

Finally! I did what i needed to get done for the day. Top is on, canvas is on, and drivers side toolbox/step is on! Tomorrow i will take some chalk and draw out the camo and then spray. Hopefully that will be done by tuesday, then paint bumper & bumperetts and do allllllll the stenciling! Gotta meet Thursday's deadline :jumpin:

zout

Great job there Matt.

You should really head in doors and give your Father a big hug.

GO back and look at your first pic posted of what you have on your noggin. Come hang around me for a couple days down here after your done painting all Carnac's fleet and you will know why I say that after a couple hours.

Travel safe on your Homecoming -

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks