• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Sat 11/11/17 Downtown Orlando FL: Orlando Veterans Day Parade

ODFever

Madness Takes Its Toll...
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Unfortunately, I won't make it to Belleview. I'm struggling with some medical issues right now.

ODFever

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have room for one more vehicle in the lineup. Is anyone interested in attending?

ODFever

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I included the Suburban and the Chenowth in my list. I still have a spot available. :)

ODFever

Steel Soldiers Supporter
We have 9 vehicles if we bring the Model A and the M1009. I submitted 10 vehicles to the City of Orlando. If two people would like to join us, I'll leave either the A or the CUCV at home.

suzukovich

We have 9 vehicles if we bring the Model A and the M1009. I submitted 10 vehicles to the City of Orlando. If two people would like to join us, I'll leave either the A or the CUCV at home.
Thank for the invite. My daughter's HS band is in the Ruskin Fl parade. So I registered for that one along with two other Humvee in my group. Maybe next year.

Sent from my SM-J727U using Tapatalk

signalcorps

If anyone out there can't do the Orlando Parade, just bring your vehicle to Ace Cafe anytime between 9:00 am and 5:00 and display it. There could be a TV star or two there too and it could be televised after the parade.

M1KLR

Can i come for a few hours, like 9am till noon?
I think ill be the easiest to park and leave lol. Since its a motorcycle

ODFever

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That'll work out better, Mad Hatter. Space is tight this year. More than likely I'll bring only one vehicle.

ODFever

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I attended the mandatory driver’s meeting last Thursday. Below is a synopsis of what I learned.

• The City of Orlando is using the Ace Café parking lot as a staging area, which is our meetup location. We do not have to convoy to another location.
  • We are Lineup # 61. The Orlando Jeep Club is in front of us.
  • Please arrive at the staging area between 9:30 and 10 AM. I will be there at 9:30 AM.
  • There is no check-in table this year.
  • Contact me via phone / text if you have an issue entering the staging area.
  • Ingress routes to Ace Café:
    • From SR 50 (E. Colonial):
      • Head south on N. Hughey Ave. Turn left on E. Livingston St.
      • If you are coming from south of Downtown, cross east under I-4 before you get near the 408.

At the end of the Parade, we will head back to Ace Café for lunch and a car show. From the end of the parade, head north. Turn left on 50. Turn left on N. Hughey Ave. Turn left on E. Livingston St.

Heavy emphasis is placed on adhering to the Federal Flag Code (Public Law 94-344). Please follow proper flag etiquette. Thank you.

Tow4

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I went by the Ace cafe today. Looks like parking could be a little tight.
How many groups are staging there and is the parking lot also open to regular Ace customers?

ODFever

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I think we are the only group that is staging at Ace Cafe. I'm pretty sure the restaurant is closed during the parade. Ace Cafe has an entry in the parade as well. They are lineup #40. They are lining up on Orange Ave just south of Livingston.

signalcorps

Ace is setting up a stage at the end of the parking lot and we have a special area just for us there. No other vehicles will be in that area.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks