• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Saveable ? What's it worth ?

combat32

Is that tailer house in the background for sale too:-D I agree 500 seems a bit much, say 300 to 350 tops, you could get your money back from the parts you could sell, as stated before expect to put about 3,500 in to it to get her goin if you are lucky.I am a sucker for a project like this though.

timntrucks

Steel Soldiers Supporter
i have drug , pulled, stacked up many a truck... some close to that one in the pics.. but i think even me the famous truck guy would have to pass. get it for 200.00 take all the good parts .. around one wheelbarrow full and dont even take the rest home... i know there is a scrap yard up your way.. stop in that way its already on your trailer and your nice wife will never know just how od infected you really are:-D....:-D....:-D

poppop

One thing I have learned from restoring antique tractors is that a bargin is not always a bargin. If that were a tractor, unless it was very rare I would run, run, run. If you like a challenge and have deep pockets go for it, if not find one in better shape and start there. Usually the sum of the parts it will take to fix one like that will buy you a very nice one already finished. Just my two cents worth, and thats about what its worth.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
:roll:Let's do it this way Frodo...look at each of your pics closely to see whats missing/farkeled...most is obvious. Get a price on those items. Add in an engine rebuild kit (you will need it), wiring harness (you will need it), glass, tires, brakes, canvass, etc etc etc.
(Of course that's assuming the drive train is complete and good to go).

:idea:Get prices on all those items and as you can afford a particular item...put that much money in a safe place(+tax of course). Assign a dollar amount to labor...heck use 2 dollars less than minimum wage if ya want.

I think I can safely say that before you have stashed half enough money to fix that rascal you can take your stash and buy a running/driving/stopping one! :-D

In fact...we have one in FAR better shape than that one we are using to restore the other ones...and no...it's not for sale:!:

donkdonk

That's kinda what I'm looking for, but I also want to know exactly what I'm getting into first. And certainly don't want to overspend ! :D

Thanks guys, all the input is appreciated, keep it coming ! :)
I know what it's like to find something cheap and it seems like it fits the bill because of the price, but this one doesn't seem to be it. If you look you can buy running/driving but rough M37's for around $1,000. I know $200 seems much cheaper, but as others have said, the stuff this one needs will far exceed that.

For example, here is one that sold on Ebay for $1,200 running, no rust. (Red)

Dodge : Dodge:eBay Motors (item 140341616760 end time Aug-30-09 18:52:11 PDT)

Here is one on Ebay that has no bids for $700, so might take less: (Yellow)

1951 military m37 m 37 m-37 truck 3/4 ton dodge 1952:eBay Motors (item 170381174287 end time Sep-16-09 06:48:30 PDT)

(on a funny side note, the guy with the yellow truck says "There is no rust to be found any where on this truck Not even any surface rust. " hmmmmmmmm.)

I would still pick it up for parts for $100-200. But then again, I have a yard full of junk... errr.. awesome green iron. ;-)

Attachments

nhdiesel

I guess I'm in the minority, mostly because something that age in the rust-free condition that one is in just doesn't exist. Where I live, someone would pay a couple times that for one with rust holes you could throw a basketball through. If I had a garage to work in, I'd love that one to do a ground-up rebuild on. Location, location, location...lol.

Jim

frodobaggins

:roll:Let's do it this way Frodo...look at each of your pics closely to see whats missing/farkeled...most is obvious. Get a price on those items. Add in an engine rebuild kit (you will need it), wiring harness (you will need it), glass, tires, brakes, canvass, etc etc etc.
(Of course that's assuming the drive train is complete and good to go).
Yeah, kinda going through it in my head now.

In fact...we have one in FAR better shape than that one we are using to restore the other ones...and no...it's not for sale:!:
There you go bring my hopes up and BLAM down down down ! :(

Last edited:

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm with nhdiesel, it's a 2 to make one, and worth $500. Barely. I would tackle it. The residue will bring $500.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Sorry Brother Frodo...she is saving 2 other M37s and an M43 Ambulance...the needs of the many outweigh the one....er something like that:roll:

jepsonjj

Only my opinion, but there are still trucks out there that need a lot less work for a little more money. I would shop a little more. This truck is probably a better parts truck.

Joe

cyberspace_7

Well Frodo, it seems the general consensus is start looking for a better truck! But everyone seems to also agree that this one would be good for parts at a little less money! Sounds like a good excuse to get this one and ANOTHER one!!! :idea: Two is always better than one...right?:-D

frodobaggins

I thought it was, "two is one, one is none" ? I heard that somewhere, probably gun related I dunno. Frodo, that avatar CREEPS me out. What is it?
Ok Ok,
Someone in chat asked what a hobbit was. So somebody searched google and that pic was one of those that showed up. Several people proceeded to post that pic over a number of weeks and said that was me :)

So I made it my avatar.

Pic attached for future reference when one day I change it.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks