• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Secm trailer

dstang97

Looks mighty good there. How is the tire clearance/fit with that panel above it?
Not bad probably 4" or so. I my cut that panel higher and Lowe the traler 1" not sure yet. I left the original m116a3 generator stringers on there so that gave me a 1 1/2" plus I stuck a 2/4 under there as a body lift.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I was going to adjust the same panels on mine but then I remembered about the oxygen bottle door on the right side. Honestly, it's a crappy location for an O2 bottle and I'm moving mine to regain that floorspace. At that point the door is all but useless. The other thing I did with mine was install a transfer tank in the front of the trailer. I'm doing the same with the body on my truck but I'm building legs on it so that I can still slide my workbench out from under it.

dstang97

What should I do for tail lights? Use the box lights or trailer or both? Also thinking of putting 4" round clear ones and hooking them up to a switch or back up if the cucv has one in the original plug.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
There was not a wire for backup lights in the harness but there was enough pins to add one. Lights will be your call. The trailer lights are kind of hidden even on the factory trailer. I have round LEDS in my truck with the same bed but the LED composites would be a nice addition that could be added nearly flush on the SECM body. I think I have a pic of one mocked up, let me see if I can find it.

Attachments

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Nah, those are sealed units. They have a slight bump out of the back, I would imagine that bump is protruding through the hole left by the original round light. All that would be needed is to fasten it with some screws and hook up the wires.

dstang97

Brought this trailer to the Rhode Island show. It got so much attention. someone asked how much it would take to buy it. So this may be the last post on this rig.

dstang97

Wow, that was quick. Another build forthcoming?
Of coarse. I can't leave anything alone. I have a few ideas brewing. Picking up another m116a3 tomorrow. We will see if the guy comes through. If you could put a price on this rig what would you list it as? I have $140 just in LEDs.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I am the wrong person to ask this question. If I grow to like something, I just don't sell things. On the other hand, when I grow weary of seeing things, they sell at any cost or get scrapped. I sold mine for $750 and should have probably looked more for $1400.

oddave715

I am the wrong person to ask this question. If I grow to like something, I just don't sell things. On the other hand, when I grow weary of seeing things, they sell at any cost or get scrapped. I sold mine for $750 and should have probably looked more for $1400.
That sounds just like me. My problem is I still like too much stuff, ask my wife. I haven't forgot you on that bed, I just don't know what I want to do. On one hand I want it to go and on the other hand if it's not worth any more than what it seems then I could build a frame for it and give it to my father in law to use.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Oh, I hear you on that one. I ended up getting a bed off an M116A3 which is what I really needed. Add a light frame and put it to work with the father in law unit.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks