• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Securing your MTVR? anyone installing locks? ignition keys?

MTVR

I don't know if I have a record of the part number, but I looked it up again. I'm finding Velvac part number 600169-1 and 600169-6.

Any brand of aluminum 4" non-vented female 8 thread per inch locking fuel cap will work. The numbers I gave above, may cross over to other brands if you do a little digging...

GTUnit

Looks Like Sloan 431006 (SLN431006) cross references to Velvac 600169-6
Aluminum Locking Fuel Cap, Female, Non-Vented, 4" Nominal Size, 8 Threads Per Inch | Velvac

Options:
Locking, Non-Vented
Material: Aluminum
Nominal Size: 8"
Threads Per Inch: 8
Across Threads - Filler Neck (inches):4-7/16"
Across Threads - Cap (inches):4-3/8"
Note:For diesel applications only.

One of the least expensive sources found so far:
4" Fuel Cap, Aluminum, Locking - Triple "R" Truck Parts (triplertruckparts.com) $65

Last edited:

serpico760

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The door handle with lock is available, just not cheap at over $100 each. Here is a link https://www.ebay.com/itm/Oshkosh-31...050096?hash=item41d76bf270:g:IRoAAOSwcj1aQ655

The striker plate is available too. https://mpparts.com/part/oshkosh-3192882-cab-door-striker-3192882

I am buying the air brake knob lock too. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B..._title_srh_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER
I bought better door handles for my FMTV from Austinhardware.com. there's tons of door handles on there probably the same one that the MTVR uses is commercially available for less than half the price. They come with locks and keys also

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I bought better door handles for my FMTV from Austinhardware.com. there's tons of door handles on there probably the same one that the MTVR uses is commercially available for less than half the price. They come with locks and keys also
Sure would be nice to figure out what the MTVR handles are in the commercial world...

chucky

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sure would be nice to figure out what the MTVR handles are in the commercial world...
Well give us a picture of em ! I have run slap the hell out of something to do so give me a mission ! Who mfg the cab it should be on something maybe in the door facing they usually dont get out of their comfort zone unless someone request a certain part they dont normally use!

serpico760

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've contacted the account manager of a commercial supplier of automotive door handles with photos of the handle to see if they can figure it out. If so they should be about half the price that the guy on eBay was selling them for. They helped me with handles for my M1083. I'll let you know if they reply with a match.

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Well give us a picture of em ! I have run slap the hell out of something to do so give me a mission ! Who mfg the cab it should be on something maybe in the door facing they usually dont get out of their comfort zone unless someone request a certain part they dont normally use!
Well by golly...

Here are some pictures!

01 - MTVR Outside.jpg 02 - MTVR Outside Open.jpg 03 - MTVR Inside.jpg 04 - MTVR Outside Inside.jpg

Don't know that anybody needs the inside latch picture, but somebody may know more with how this thing is configured with those two pics. AND there is a place for a lock - if you knew what kind of lock you (we) would need.

serpico760

Steel Soldiers Supporter

serpico760

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you search online for TriMark 030-1400 or 030-1450, they look extremely similar.

if you go to the product page there's the technical specifications with the cutout size and the linkage points etc. I'm pretty sure this one will work so long as it fits in the same hole it also mounts in an upright configuration like the MTVR handle.
On Amazon and eBay the same handle is also available in all black which of course then you can paint to whatever you like. And with keys. If you buy it from Austin hardware after confirming that it works they can send you a left and right set with matching keys.

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
If you search online for TriMark 030-1400 or 030-1450, they look extremely similar.

if you go to the product page there's the technical specifications with the cutout size and the linkage points etc. I'm pretty sure this one will work so long as it fits in the same hole it also mounts in an upright configuration like the MTVR handle.
On Amazon and eBay the same handle is also available in all black which of course then you can paint to whatever you like. And with keys. If you buy it from Austin hardware after confirming that it works they can send you a left and right set with matching keys.
Agreed that they look similar.
The link you sent was for a "two point" and the one on the truck is a "one point".

The link looks a lot like the LMTV handle.

Might be that I could spend the time to remove one and get more details.
Maybe a casting number or something similar...

serpico760

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Agreed that they look similar.
The link you sent was for a "two point" and the one on the truck is a "one point".

The link looks a lot like the LMTV handle.

Might be that I could spend the time to remove one and get more details.
Maybe a casting number or something similar...
Yeah they often have more points than needed you use the ones you need and just leave blank or cut off the ones you don't.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks