• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Selectable hubs and t case sync

moriboy

I bit the bullet last night and ordered a set of front lockouts. I have had nothing but good results from doing this mod on my 2008 Dodge pickup. I gained almost 2 mpg, and it drives much, much better.

Now with a pickup transfer case, you generally can't go from high to low, or low to high range without first stopping. I would assume most people would never have a need to do this. In my deuce however, I find myself many times running thru the gears in low range, switching T case to hi, and hitting 4th and 5th gear. Essentially it's like having a 7 speed.

My question is on a deuce, with the hubs unlocked, would you be able to switch the transfer case from low-high while moving (air shift disengaged)? I'm not so sure...

Anyone have knowledge on this?

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Hubs un-locked shouldn't effect the hi/low shift. I certainly wouldn't turn on the front axle while moving though!

OD_Coyote

My M35A2 has locking hubs on the front axle and I use the transfer case to split gears all the time. So far no issues in 6 years with my current truck or the previous truck.
I just dont engage the front axle while the truck is in motion unless my hubs are locked.

houdel

My M35A2 has locking hubs on the front axle and I use the transfer case to split gears all the time. So far no issues in 6 years with my current truck or the previous truck.
I just dont engage the front axle while the truck is in motion unless my hubs are locked.
Agreed, I split shift all the time in my Deuce with the front axle disengaged,not a problem.

houdel

Good practice for when you really NEED to split shift, i.e. hauling a heavy load, plus it's just a hoot to do!

spicergear

I believe 2nd low to 2nd high to 3rd, 4th, & 5th was the way I would pull out on steep hill or loaded. With 1st gear barely being able to be shifted out of without losing all wheel speed, the t-case split is a lot more effective and makes your truck sound like you have at least a 6 speed. :mrgreen: But seriously...it is another great tool when driving loaded.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks