• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Selling in the Forums

powerhouseduece

I got a M818 on 1600's for sale. make offer!

Just kidding!:wink: I do agree that thats why we have the classfieds in the first place! You think we could have a auction section? :twisted:

poppop

I`ll throw in my 2 cents worth. Most of the things I buy I don't know I need. I don't check the classifieds looking for stuff I don't know i need, but when it shows up on the forum I say, hey, I need that. Not to say I am not happy with the way it is, it saves me lots of money by not buying the things I don't know I need.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Alright guys, there is a fair amount of policy abuse going on and we need to tighten it up in order to be fair to everyone.

Things that are for sale or wanted need to go to the classifieds section. There is now a direct link to the classifieds, in the toolbar at the top of the page beneath the Steel Soldiers logo.

There is a fine line, obviously and inevitably, someone's thread is going to get deleted and they're going to be miffed. We apologize in advance. If you want to buy something, usually something new, but you do not know where to find such a thing, that's probably ok. But asking "Where can I get a used hardtop?" as a way of circumnavigating the classifieds rules isn't gonna' fly.

Quite honestly, 99.99999% of "where can I get one of these items?" threads could be answered with a search.

If your question can be answered by a search, don't be surprised when it gets deleted.

I know that might sound harsh, but we're all grown ups and there are rules here to keep the forum from turning into an unmanageable mess.

why not have the classified section like it is on most other forums. Just another section of forums at the bottom, that way when you hit new posts, new ads will also be included in the new posts and it is easier to see
One major problem I have with classifieds "threads" is that I am here often enough that I never go into the individual forums, I just click on the unread threads on the front page. There are so many people here now that if we allowed selling in the forums, it would fill up the entire front page.

I read the classifieds every other morning. It takes me maybe 10-15 minutes.

Ads are currently very easy to see. Click the link that says "classified ads" and you can see them. Voila.

DUG

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I dunno, maybe I'm late "to the party", but seems like several "new" sheriffs - ("deputized" mods maybe) lately????

Stand by to stand by - that's what 26 years in the Navy taught me.

:cool:

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The whip is going to be cracked... There is a new sheriff in town boys and girls.
Here at 'the Rock,' we have two basic rules. Memorize them so you can say them in your sleep. Rule One: Obey all rules! Second, do not write on the walls...as it takes a lot of work...to erase writing...off of walls.

Nip it in the bud!

This is BIG! BIG! BIG BIG! Really Big!

Attachments

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks