• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

SF-97 Gov Planet to stop providing them ?

springbok

Nothing about making the HUMVEE street Legal !!!!

I was informed yesterday by one if the big military parts/vehicle suppliers in Delaware that they had gotten an email that gov-planet would no longer be offering the SF-97
Does anyone else know about this, is it true ? ? ?

Not that I care, my wife cut me off from getting anymore, blamed it on the driveway being crowded and wanting to do a vacation this year, you know, wife reasoning...

Figured I would ask.

springbok

I was told this Yesterday. Guess we have to wait and see.
Word is, to many were getting around the off road only. AGAIN, not asking how, why, anything about making one street legal.
I hate to say but I hope it is true, it will make mine that came from the Marine auction that came with titles worth more again :)

DanM7890

I'm curious what's going on with them. I bought mine because I knew they were issuing this paperwork. If I knew you get nothing, I wouldn't have bought.

Jwade

Supporting Vendor
This is not true! We have temporarily stopped issuing FL titles due to FL looking at how they want to classify them. The SF97's are still going to be issued.

Retiredwarhorses

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Let me add, whom ever is selling Govt vehicles is bound to issue a bill of sale and SF97. Far to many states require the SF97 to get title for "Off road use". A title proves ownership, it's a legal document.

goldneagle

I would look at any info/ rumored by any vendor with skepticism. Could be a scare tactic or purpose misleading. "Buy the HMMWV from us because you won't get title from GP..."

Jwade

Supporting Vendor
I wanted to add that we are anticipating the title issue resolved soon! We are also exploring our options and moving our dealer status to other states as well.

tage

As mentioned the SF 97 is a legal document. Which states any alteration makes it void.
Any comment on the "off road" stamp that the titling department uses on the document after it's in GP's hands?

HUMVEE1

I was told this Yesterday. Guess we have to wait and see.
Word is, to many were getting around the off road only. AGAIN, not asking how, why, anything about making one street legal.
I hate to say but I hope it is true, it will make mine that came from the Marine auction that came with titles worth more again :)
The "1999" trucks were also sold for off road use to the original purchaser, but this was stated on the BOS and not the F97. Titling and street registration are two different things.

springbok

PLEASE.. Do not ask anything about "Road Titles"
My info was via a phone call, I asked here to see if it was true or BS.
BlackMajic, please delete your question.. Want to clearly keep with the topic at hand, nothing about On Road..
Thanks

Blackmagic94

No I won't delete that comment. JWade works for Gp and I'm asking him to clarify what he meant about exploring titling options with other states. If Gp is making this comment we deserve to ask for clarrification.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Tread very lightly guys. Again it is up to DLA to get rid of the OFF ROAD only questions. Until "official" word is issued from the DLA this site will not allow that discussion.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks