• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

SF-97 Gov Planet to stop providing them ?

TwoStates

SF97 was from the United States government to iron planet. There was also an assignment form from IronPlanet to me, whereby iron planet signed the SF97 form to me. Why do you ask?

Last edited:

TwoStates

Because many states won't accept the reassignment form.... in AZ it depends on who you get behind the desk.
That doesn't make sense. Just about anything can be assigned and a clerk shouldn't be refusing to accept it. They should simply process the request to evidence the chain of title.

98G

Former SSG
Steel Soldiers Supporter
That doesn't make sense. Just about anything can be assigned and a clerk shouldn't be refusing to accept it. They should simply process the request to evidence the chain of title.
I agree it doesn't make sense.

I've titled multiple military vehicles in AZ. Never once have I een able to get them to accept an SF97 and reassignment letter. The last couple of times I managed to get them to show me the written policy that says that the originator must provide a title, not just an sf97....

TwoStates

I guess you better title it in another state then because it's irresponsible to own a high ticket item with no title. I know a lot of dirt bike people title their bikes in South Dakota for some reason, but I don't know why (this is not an attempt to tell you how to register it for on road use).

98G

Former SSG
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I guess you better title it in another state then because it's irresponsible to own a high ticket item with no title. I know a lot of dirt bike people title their bikes in South Dakota for some reason, but I don't know why (this is not an attempt to tell you how to register it for on road use).

I did exactly that with my last two trailers. Took the SF97 and reassignment letter to MO, where I was issued titles no problem...

My point is this varies by state. Some states won't accept the sf97 which is why GP offers the Florida title option. (Or did, until Florida killed it)

tage

The DMV won't take that plane jane piece of paper reassignment. AZ dmv wants you to get ip to sign a form that gives you poa for the transaction over the the vehicle in question since technically you don't own it on paper. Which ip refuses with prejudice.
AZ loves the florida state reassignment paper though. It's an actual form, and dmv can file it. They laughed at the photocopy "reassignment" that comes with the SF97... In fact they laughed at a lot of scheisse that gp/ip did. My favorite. You bought it from govplanet, but why does all your paperwork say iron planet?? lol

I could have gone independent dmv route, but if the state dmv is saying no. It's not worth the headache later.

Stein12501

In Missouri they will not accept the SF-97 with a re-assignment letter. Like Jwade was saying they would if GP was a registered Dealer in the state then there is a form that they would submit with the SF-97. Like everyone says nothing is consistent. Back to the drawing board.

98G

Former SSG
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Missouri they will not accept the SF-97 with a re-assignment letter. Like Jwade was saying they would if GP was a registered Dealer in the state then there is a form that they would submit with the SF-97. Like everyone says nothing is consistent. Back to the drawing board.
I received 2 titles in tje mail today from MO, that I got by means of the SF97 and reassignment letter..... as I said, it depends on who you get behind the counter....

tage

Have you tried the actual fl reassignment? You have to request it from gp/ip whatever.
I got that answer when I tried to go that route with just the photocopy reassignment.

here's the form my dmv wanted at first. maybe your state has something similar.
View attachment 48-1001.pdf

Stein12501

98G I took the notarized re-assignment letter and SF-97 to the DOR in Jefferson City and the lady showed me on the computer that Missouri will not accept re-assignments on SF-97's. Then told me that I would have to have the name changed from IP to mine for it to go through. Like you said it seems it depends on the clerk. I may try a contractor office and see what they say. The POA might be a route also. Thanks for the heads up guys. Nothings ever cut and dry.

TNriverjet

Steel Soldiers Supporter
5 calls to any randomly selected DMV will get you 5 mutually exclusive answers. ....
I would ask for names and immediately head out to the one that gives you a favorable answer. Once something is issued on "State" paper, it would be hard for them to rescind.

98G

Former SSG
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I would ask for names and immediately head out to the one that gives you a favorable answer. Once something is issued on "State" paper, it would be hard for them to rescind.
Rescinding is as easy as cancelling it in tje system and sending a letter. I had an insurance company take it on themselves to add zeros in front of tje SN to make it 17 digits, which no longer matched the state's system, which resulted in the registration and tags being rescinded on my 5ton.... caused me another trip to DMV and an irate call to the insurance company.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks