• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

SF97's not in buyers' name?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tage

Shouldn't the sf97 have the actual buyers name in the corresponding section, not iron planet!? My DMV won't take it, due to the fact my name is not on the form.
On a side note that reassignment paper ain't worth the paper it's printed on...

Mods this is a title thread not registering thread.

DatGuyC

Both the trailer I bought years ago from gov liquidation and the hmmwv had the respective names on the sf97, not mine. If they don't take the reassignment form then you are supposed to get the Florida title.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Some states will take the "worthless" re-assignment. Oklahoma will not. You will have to contact GP and get an actual reassignment. I had to do that on a trailer when GP fist started selling MVs.

The actual SF-97 is correct with Iron Planets name on it. They buy the item from the DoD and then resell it to you. Chain of title.

Being a "dealer" they should be issuing a correct reassignment but are usually just issuing the piece of paper.

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/showthread.php?133189-GovPlanet-and-SF-97s

Post #28 shows the "correct" reassignment form

Last edited:

Monkeyboyarmy

Can't wait to get my 97 that 3 different people have promised me. IP said it was signed and ready to send out FedEx overnight 4 weeks ago. Didn't even think about it not being in my name. I guess GSA.has me spoiled.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
GSA and I know both of us dealt with DRMO. No comparison with the folks selling surplus these days.

tage

The letter is worthless. The DMV lady asked if it's a dealer, then automatically said no. They gave me a poa form for title transfer, but IP wanted no business in that route...

Jwade

Supporting Vendor
We moved the backlog to FTW and our working through it now. We should be completely caught up by this time next week and at that point it should be much faster.

Gunzy

Jwade, thanks for the PM and I am actually glad you're here to read the complaints and work them out. I don't think I'm the only one that appreciates working on this issue for us.

tage

Well back to square one with GP. Luckily they hadn't requested the Florida reassignment yet. DMV wants a POA form for a title transfer. Which is ironic as the truckplanet truck I just bought requires the same thing...TP's title department promptly answers their calls, and are professional. While the general hotline rep won't even forward my call to GP...
Maybe I might get some answers by next week...

Jwade

Supporting Vendor
I'm not sure where the hang up is but truckPlanet title department is the same people. We have one title department across the entire family of companies... PM me your item number and what you are being told and let me see what I can do.

tage

Well that's awkward. The truck planet title rep sent me back through the system so that I could speak with a gov planet title rep. Which once I was able to get through the general phone line, was told the gp people weren't answering and to call back tomorrow. Which is weird as they're both in the Texas office?

I would like to see how this plays out, and if both divisions can come to resolution in a timely manner without management getting involved... I'll let you know when I need your help.:beer:

Last edited:

Jwade

Supporting Vendor
The actual title department is based out of CA, they may have been trying to get one of the customer service reps. I am kind of curious how this plays out myself... Keep me in the loop and I will keep my hands out for now.

tage

Well figured out what the hold up was at the DMV. They are looking at the FL Reassignment ,and asking where I bought the truck. Say Arizona ,DMV Tschuess gesagt.... "well then they want a POA Vehicle specific Form, that IP/GP down right refuses to sign for some reason, even though they said they would..."
Went to another DMV, they assumed it came from Florida. Then they have no problem with it, well besides now they want a vin inspection... Anyone have experience with only completing level 1 inspections in Arizona with nur 1 serial number?

Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks