• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

She Ain't Pretty

flibob

On my 932 it took about a month after I requested my sf97. They sent me an AZ title. It took that long for AZ to process the sf97 to title. GL over nighted the title when they got it. IN is good with sf97 but it seems some states do alot better with a title.

Dukeman

I'm super happy with this truck so far. Hope I get my title soon so I can drive around legally. Been cruising around the "hood" so far but I want to get it on the road.

Madclown

I am going to be keeping it at the Butte. I am tired of beating up my pickup getting stuck in the sand pulling my fifth wheel and boat. How about you? Also if you need filters, Carquest was the best place to go. I just picked up Fuel, Oil, and Tranny spin-on. All Wix filters and less than half the price of NAPA.

Last edited:

Dukeman

Another Butte truck, very cool. Do you have a fifth wheel? When can I see your truck? You are the third person that bought one of the santa fe trucks that has shown up here now. Hope yours turns out to be in as good of shape as this one. I don't think we are worrying about spin on filters right now. Changed most of the fluids already. Since this truck won't see many miles at all fluid changes will not be frequent enough to warrant that expense.

The deuce has done a great job getting my 7,000lb 5th wheel down through the thickest stuff, no problems. But one of our group has a 12,000 lb 35' fiver and that needs some serious pull. I don't think the 931 will have any problems with it. I live up in the NE Heights would love to see your truck.

Also, I'm trying to get a group together down at the butte for the Holiday Light Boat Parade and organize a little military vehicle parade of our own. Its a blast if you haven't been down there for it. There are several of us planning to decorate the trucks if you want to join in.

Madclown

Do you plan on towing fifth wheels using the large stock hitch on the truck?

Not sure when i'll be able to get down to the lake next, but that sounds like it would be alot of fun. I am in the NE heights as well.

Dukeman

We have a deuce that has the same tractor hitch, it works great for the RV 5th wheels. We thought we were going to have to remove the tractor hitch, but the first time we backed up under one of our 5th wheels and those jaws went "click" and everything locked up it was great. Yeah, don't take that big thing off of there, just move it back to create a better turning radius under your camper. Come by and I'll show you what we did. I'll pm you with my phone number.

Madclown

Cool, that is what i did already, moved it back and got rid of the two 1" plate steel bars under it. I'll try to get a couple pics up today. I also made a reciever hitch to pull the boat and bumper pull trailers.

Dukeman

Yep, that's exactly what we did too. Our hitch hasn't been used in a while. We greased it up good but from side to side its pretty stiff. Got to hook something up and tow it around to loosen that thing up.

bbuck7777

Add me to Butte truck club! I bought one of the Santa Fe 931A1's also. I've added the boat receiver hitch already. I'm a little confused that I was told the semi 5th wheel would not work on the RV 5th wheel. Are you saying that it will work? I have purchased a CURT 5th wheel head unit that I was going to install.

Been cleaning up the minor rust and paint issues. I will take truck to Butte in October to put in storage for next summers sand dunes! I'm in NE heights also! 8)

Bill

Madclown

Add me to Butte truck club! I bought one of the Santa Fe 931A1's also. I've added the boat receiver hitch already. I'm a little confused that I was told the semi 5th wheel would not work on the RV 5th wheel. Are you saying that it will work? I have purchased a CURT 5th wheel head unit that I was going to install.

Been cleaning up the minor rust and paint issues. I will take truck to Butte in October to put in storage for next summers sand dunes! I'm in NE heights also! 8)

Bill
Nice, which one did you buy? the one with the soft top or the camo one with a hard top? The hitch that came on it for pulling semi trailers is set up for a 2" king pin (the same king pin as a fifth wheel rv) the only problems are the hieght of the hitch and the set back. I moved the hitch back about 20" and lowered it by 1" and I am hoping that by lowering the tire pressure when I get it to the lake it will drop at least 2-3" more. Post up some pictures if you get a chance......

Last edited:

Bighurt

the 5th wheel on the M931 will work for a 5th wheel RV, however the pins need to be the same size IE 2". Pretty sure all RV's are 2" so you should be good. The other issue is clearance the distance PIN to rear of truck on the M931 and your pick-up aren't necessarily equal. So unless you have a drop forward pin box on the rv you may not clear the mud flaps in turns...

Dukeman

See, dang it Ryan I knew I didn't want to see your truck. That looks really nice! All one color, singles look great, wow!

Yeah, we have moved the tractor hitch back using two of the existing holes and drilled a couple more. Removed the 1" metal spacer and removed the ramps. Its a perfect set up for a 5th wheel rv. The set up we did on the deuce is the same and it works great. In fact the height of the hitch on the deuce is within a couple inches of the height of the hitch on my F350. I don't know how much higher the 5 ton will be, but I don't think it will be a problem. For me it really doesn't matter if the 5th wheel is high in the front and not level when its hooked up to the tractor because I am not using the tractor to tow it over the road. Basically the tractor sits at the lake and moves my toys about a mile or so down to the water's edge. Its the perfect vehicle for it. I have seen the 5 tons pulling 35' fifth wheels up pretty steep hills in knee deep sand and not even break a sweat. I can't wait.

Last edited:

bbuck7777

Wow, thanks guys! I guess the RV dealer was sort of correct in that the normal semi 5th wheel will not work. Neither one us knew the 931 uses the regular RV size. Dang spent $350 on a hitch I don't need.

Madclown, I bought the camo hard top with 968 miles. It is like brand new. I think it towed one time from the very few marks on the hitch. Like your picture. I'll see if I can load one up of mine. I added the 2" receiver hitch already using 1/2" plate material. Came out pretty good for amateurs.
Could you send a picture of how far back and lower you were able to move the existing hitch?

Thanks! Bill

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks