• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Sheared Winch Shear Pin... Getting the old one out??

sailor2000

How do you line up the holes in the u-joint collar with the old shear pin so you can drive it out?? I have no doubt it is simple, but I can't seem to get it done....

oilcan

You should be able to get the shaft to turn to line the holes up n' knock it out. Throw the lever on the winch and spin the drum a little...

sailor2000

Re: RE: Sheared Winch Shear Pin... Getting the old one out??

oilcan said:
You should be able to get the shaft to turn to line the holes up n' knock it out. Throw the lever on the winch and spin the drum a little...
Since I can't see into the hole, how do I know when the holes are lined up??

DavidB

Truck parked, E brake on,engine off,PTO/transfer/transmission in neutral.WINCH ENGAGED with drum lock on this will hold winch in one spot. Turn shaft until holes line up, remove old pin,replace with new.Disengage winch job is now complete.This is my method, it has been awhile since I have broken one though.
DavidB

oilcan

RE: Re: RE: Sheared Winch Shear Pin... Getting the old one o

To be honest, I've only changed mine once. If I remember right, I could slide the shaft back away from the winch enough to see the edge of the shear pin hole. I just lined the hole on the shaft (kinda) and slid it back on. It took a little jiggling at that point, but in a couple of minuites, I was done.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks