• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Sherwin Williams CARC drying time

ajsmith184

I sprayed my M1009 5 days ago...Noticed today it still seems "soft" and can be scratched with my fingernail. This normal? Its in a garage kept at 65 degrees. I need to put another coat and wondering if its still to early to do so...Thoughts?

bigmike

Steel Soldiers Supporter
AJ,

I shot my trucks with Sherwin Williams water-based 2 part CARC and don't remember it being that soft after 5 days. Although, it was much warmer when I shot my trucks (highs in the 90s and sunny skies).

ajsmith184

Hmm...Im kinda worried, although I know I did everything right..It has to be the cooler temps....Maybe Ill see if SW has a technical hotline I can call..

ajsmith184

Yeah, it is waterbourne....I turned my heater up to 70 before I left for work today..it is a natural gas burner mounted on the ceiling, pointed down at the truck.....We'll see.....I dont have SWs number on me today, I did see it on the can..If I cant see a difference Ill call them tomorrow.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks