• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Sherwin Williams CARC drying time

ajsmith184

I sprayed my M1009 5 days ago...Noticed today it still seems "soft" and can be scratched with my fingernail. This normal? Its in a garage kept at 65 degrees. I need to put another coat and wondering if its still to early to do so...Thoughts?

bigmike

Steel Soldiers Supporter
AJ,

I shot my trucks with Sherwin Williams water-based 2 part CARC and don't remember it being that soft after 5 days. Although, it was much warmer when I shot my trucks (highs in the 90s and sunny skies).

ajsmith184

Hmm...Im kinda worried, although I know I did everything right..It has to be the cooler temps....Maybe Ill see if SW has a technical hotline I can call..

ajsmith184

Yeah, it is waterbourne....I turned my heater up to 70 before I left for work today..it is a natural gas burner mounted on the ceiling, pointed down at the truck.....We'll see.....I dont have SWs number on me today, I did see it on the can..If I cant see a difference Ill call them tomorrow.